Sales Email

Stumc
Participant

Email list - sorting who has not been phone called yet.

SOLVE

Newbie alert!

Can you please point me to an existing post or a simple worflow to track who I've called. and yet to call...?

My process so far:

1. One broadcast sent to my email lead list.

2. Sorted via leads who have read email or clicked a link.

3. Currently phoning my way from top of the list down.

The Problem:

4. How do I create/sort my email list for read email leads I have not called yet?

Thanks     

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Stumc,

In that case you would navigate to Contacts > Contacts, click More filters, select List membership and add your campaign list. Additionally, you would filter by "Last contacted is unknown". You are now seeing all of the contacts from that list who have not had a chat conversation, call, sales email, or meeting logged.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Stumc,

Could you provide any details as to what exactly was unsuccessful? Any examples of contacts showing that should not be showing?

Generally, Menu > Marketing > Email is not where you filter your contacts. In this section, you will simply see the results of marketing emails. If you want to filter contacts by these results, you need to build a list of contacts first. Navigate to Menu > Contacts > Lists > Create list. In the list filters, find Marketing emails and select the email you're interested in. Click Apply filter and add a second filter (click on the AND) "Last activitiy date is unknown". (note, call, sales email, meeting, task, or chat)

If you're getting stuck, please let me know at which step exactly, ideally providing screenshot.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Stumc
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks again. This was unsuccessful. Everyone in the campaign lead list (Menu > Marketing > Email) has been sent one email.

I can ask a different way. How do I filter leads in my campaign list (Menu > Marketing > Email) that have zero tasks, phone calls or notes added? I hope this helps?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Stumc,

In that case you would navigate to Contacts > Contacts, click More filters, select List membership and add your campaign list. Additionally, you would filter by "Last contacted is unknown". You are now seeing all of the contacts from that list who have not had a chat conversation, call, sales email, or meeting logged.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

LeonardoDVinci
Contributor

SOLVE

This solution is not applicable if the contact has other logs for other communications such as email and chat since those will populate the "Last Contacted" date.

Even when generating a report using call activity, this is hard to implement or even outright impossible.

Kinda weird since this is easy to implement in SQL. We need a better solution for this.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jasonkerrnz and @LeonardoDVinci,

If the Last contacted field does not work in your situation, you can first create a list of contacts that have an associated call (via Activity properties), then create a second list fo contacts who are not a member in the first list. This will return all contacts without a call.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

jasonkerrnz
Participant

SOLVE

This is not what he asked. Here is the use-case:

• I'm a sales rep, and I am cold calling a list of people
  • I have creatd a list.
  • I want to see which people have not had a phone call, so I can call them
  • I want to remove people who have a call in the past 7 days or so, where the outcome of Connected, Left VM, or Left Live Message

The Last Contacted field us useless, as it's a basic date that rolls up any (chat conversation, call, sales email, or meeting logged).  I want specifically to look at phone calls.

Stumc
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, Thanks for the welcome and thanks for your reply.  Unfortunatly the suggested workflow didn't work in my case. What I have is a campaign cold email list (Menu > Marketing > Email) that I'm trying to filter so the sales team can make phone call follow-ups on all opened emails. The ideal senario is to filter out leads already called.

Cheers,

Stu

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Stumc,

Welcome to the HubSpot! When you say "broadcast", are you referring to a marketing email (Menu > Marketing > Email) or a sales email campaign (emails sent from the contact record or using sequences)?

In any case, you would approach this with contact views: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-customize-and-manage-your-saved-views

Navigate to Menu > Contacts > Contacts and click More filters. Let's assume that we're looking for contacts who have interacted with a marketing email. You would set the filters to "Marketing emails clicked is greater than or equal to 1" AND "Last contacted is unknown" (= the last date and time a chat conversation, call, sales email, or meeting was logged for the contact).

You can now save and pin this contact view. As you work through this list, contacts will disappear from the view once you reach out them – because they do not fulfill the criteria anymore.

(For a recent interaction with a sales email, things are a bit more tricky. You would first have to create a list under Menu > Contacts > Lists > Contact-based > Active list. Under Contact properties, filter for "Recent sales email clicked date is known". Under Activity properties, pick any of the Call fields and set it to "is unknown". Once you save the list, you can reference it in your contact view. Navigate back to Contacts > Contacts > More filters and select List membership. This is where you insert the name of the list you just created.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler