Sales Email

Claire_Freeman

Email list filter: multiple clicks on past emails

SOLVE

Hello,

I'm hoping to create a new list of contacts who have:
1. opened; and
2. clicked a link multiple times
in past blog newsletter emails (i.e. targetting our most engaged blog readers, for further outreach). 

The filtering capabilities do not seem to be able to drill down to multiple email clicks. Is this correct? If that is the case, is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance.  

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Claire_Freeman,

Out of the box that's not possible at this stage, unfortunately. In general, keep in mind that especially the number of email opens for a particular contact is not very reliable. Some email clients open emails in the background to check them for fraud – this is sometimes also registered as an open.

There are some users who have tried to make this work with workflows and custom number properties that count up +1 when an email is clicked (only once per email). This would give you a subset of the data captured by the contact property Marketing emails clicked. I know it's tempting to want the exact data, but for newsletters subscribers, the Marketing emails clicked property might just be good enough an approximation.

Another way of measuring engagement of blog subscribers is the Number of page views. Again, this is the overall number of page views, not specifically blog views – but if their main subscription is the blog, wouldn't this also be good enough of an approximation?

Let me know if I should specify anything. You might find other interesting contact engagement properties in this list: HubSpot's default contact properties

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Claire_Freeman,

Out of the box that's not possible at this stage, unfortunately. In general, keep in mind that especially the number of email opens for a particular contact is not very reliable. Some email clients open emails in the background to check them for fraud – this is sometimes also registered as an open.

There are some users who have tried to make this work with workflows and custom number properties that count up +1 when an email is clicked (only once per email). This would give you a subset of the data captured by the contact property Marketing emails clicked. I know it's tempting to want the exact data, but for newsletters subscribers, the Marketing emails clicked property might just be good enough an approximation.

Another way of measuring engagement of blog subscribers is the Number of page views. Again, this is the overall number of page views, not specifically blog views – but if their main subscription is the blog, wouldn't this also be good enough of an approximation?

Let me know if I should specify anything. You might find other interesting contact engagement properties in this list: HubSpot's default contact properties

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

DSleeper
Contributor

SOLVE

It would still be helpful to have the Top Engaged Contacts segment and other features downloadable as a .csv so we can retarget more efficientily, track the data, or send to colleagues. The PDF screenshot only shows a very small snapshot. The only other option to share among the team is just to manually scroll through.