Sales Email

MarketingVPR
Participant

Email included in the log email blacklist - sent to contact but activity will not appear in timeline

SOLVE

We've set up a process so that once a deal reaches a certain stage, the deal owner would send an email to our office admin team to notify them that a brochure needed to be posted to the customer. To make this as quick as possible for the deal owner, we've created an email template and added our admin email address as a contact to all deals. Perhaps this is not best practice, but it also means our management team can log in and see that this task is being completed. 

The problem is that we've started receiving this notification:

"The email 'info@.....' is included in the log email blacklist. This means that email was sent to the contact, but the activity will not appear in the contact timeline."

The activity also doesn't appear in the deal. Is there a way to have the email removed from the log email blacklist? Or a better way to track this activity in the CRM?

MANY THANKS 🙂

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Email included in the log email blacklist - sent to contact but activity will not appear in timeline

SOLVE

Hi @MarketingVPR,

While you can remove emails from the never log list, if the email address is the same as your company domain, then I am wondering whether than it's your company domain that is blacklisted as opposed to the specific email address.

Is the information you need included on the deal record the actual body of the email, or is it just a note to make sure that everyone knows the request for the catalogue to be sent out has been requested? You could use a custom deal property to mark that the catalogue has been sent, or you could have the person sending the email leave a note on the record after they send the email to show the email has been sent. 

@Josh and @SeanHenri do you have any suggestions for keeping track of this information? 

Thanks,
Jenny

View solution in original post

Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MarketingVPR,

I think the best way to do this is by using a workflow associated with deal stages. You'll need a Sales Pro seat to make this happen...but it's the perfect solution for what you're trying to do.

Here's an article on the feature.

If you have questions, shoot me a note.

Thanks for the ping @jennysowyrda!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MarketingVPR,

While you can remove emails from the never log list, if the email address is the same as your company domain, then I am wondering whether than it's your company domain that is blacklisted as opposed to the specific email address.

Is the information you need included on the deal record the actual body of the email, or is it just a note to make sure that everyone knows the request for the catalogue to be sent out has been requested? You could use a custom deal property to mark that the catalogue has been sent, or you could have the person sending the email leave a note on the record after they send the email to show the email has been sent. 

@Josh and @SeanHenri do you have any suggestions for keeping track of this information? 

Thanks,
Jenny

JennyO

SOLVE

Hi Jenny,

I'm getting the same error when sending emails to our staff. We have our company set up in Hubspot and all staff are set as contacts. When we email any of the staff we get this error.

How do we get our domain unblack listed?  I've tried emailing emaildeliverability@hubspot.com as per the notes I could find via help but have has no response.

Thanks

Jenny

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JennyO,

You can remove your domain from you never log settings within your portal now (settings>integrations>email integrations>HubSpot extensions). Also you can follow the steps here.

If you are experiencing any roadblocks removing it, please share screenshots of what you are seeing here so I can assist. 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
JennyO

SOLVE

Scratch that last reply. I've removed it from the never log. Thanks 🙂

JennyO

SOLVE

Hi Jenny,

We want to log the emails though so we can track when the staff open and respond. So putting them on the never log list means we loose that functionality.

Is there another way of removing our domain from the blacklist allowing emails to be sent and logged to our staff?

Thanks

JennyO

0 Upvotes
MarketingVPR
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda,

Thanks for your reply! Indeed, looks like the best option is to use the custom deal properties/automated tasks that Josh suggested. 

I am concerned/confused though, if our company domain has been blacklisted. I'm not sure what effect this has, other than meaning internal emails sent via Hubspot won't be logged? Why would our domain be blacklisted?

Thanks again 🙂

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @MarketingVPR,

I think the best way to do this is by using a workflow associated with deal stages. You'll need a Sales Pro seat to make this happen...but it's the perfect solution for what you're trying to do.

Here's an article on the feature.

If you have questions, shoot me a note.

Thanks for the ping @jennysowyrda!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

MarketingVPR
Participant

SOLVE

Cheers for the heads up Josh!

0 Upvotes