Sales Email

AHoller

Email address of sender being modified when being sent to customers

SOLVE

We recently sent out an email to our employees and customers, and while my email in the settings of the email prior to sending is correct, the email address became very different when the email was sent.

My email in the "Email details" section under "sent by" is "aholler@DOMAIN.com".

When my other employees received the email sent through HubSpot, it said it was sent by "aholler=DOMAN.com@hubspotstarter.hs-send.com".

A lot of my employees are having these flagged as spam, and the last email I sent through HubSpot had my correct email address.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

We use the free software, so I'm not sure if this is a new change or if it is just a glitch since it's never happened before.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AHoller,

This is a limitation of the free tools. You would have to upgrade to one of the Starter subscriptions mentioned at the beginning of this article and authenticate your sending domain: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/marketing-email/manage-email-authentication-in-hubspot

On the free tools, the HubSpot infrastructure is used which can cause what you're experiencing. The only solution is to upgrade.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AHoller,

This is a limitation of the free tools. You would have to upgrade to one of the Starter subscriptions mentioned at the beginning of this article and authenticate your sending domain: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/marketing-email/manage-email-authentication-in-hubspot

On the free tools, the HubSpot infrastructure is used which can cause what you're experiencing. The only solution is to upgrade.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
AHoller

SOLVE

Was this changed recently? Because our last one did not have that email address change and we've been on the same plan.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

@AHoller email authentication has always been a paid feature but email service provider guidelines have gotten more strict in recent months, yes.

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes