Sales Email

AHoopes

Email Signature won't load photos

SOLVE

I (along with several team members) have tried several times (different browsers, incognito, cache cleared, etc.) to create an email signature but it won't upload the photos we are trying to use. We've uploaded from several different google drives, dropboxes, etc. But everytime we receive the same error. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! 

Thanks!!

Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 6.41.11 PM.png

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AHoopes

What type of images are you uploading? Have you tried different formats, including jpeg and png, or tried different sizes? A good first step could be taking a screenshot of the image and trying to upload that. 

If you're still stuck after trying these steps would you be able to share an example image so we can investigate further? 

Thanks,

Jenny

View solution in original post

DGummer
Solution

SOLVE

f anyone is looking for this - I solved it by right clicking on image and selecting "get Link" then it is restricted by default, if you move it to open then anyone can download the link, in this case wmail client. for some reason eamil client cannot download the image as it is restricted on google drive by default < i presume this is the same with drop box.

kristophermoody
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Photos not loading in email signature on reciving end:

I played with this for a bit, and I found a solution. I added the photo and logo I wanted to use to google photos. Once I had them uploaded into google photos, I opened the photo/logo, right clicked, and then selected "copy image address". I then replaced the google drive link(s) - that had open access - with the new link(s) copied from the photo/logo in google photos. Hope this helps! 

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 7.18.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 7.25.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 7.19.42 PM.png

14 Replies 14
kristophermoody
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Photos not loading in email signature on reciving end:

I played with this for a bit, and I found a solution. I added the photo and logo I wanted to use to google photos. Once I had them uploaded into google photos, I opened the photo/logo, right clicked, and then selected "copy image address". I then replaced the google drive link(s) - that had open access - with the new link(s) copied from the photo/logo in google photos. Hope this helps! 

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 7.18.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 7.25.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 7.19.42 PM.png

Vkreykamp

SOLVE

Thnx for the option but unfortunately it doesnt work. I work on a mac and with right click (Cntrl) I dont see the option 'copy image address'.  Below is what the options shoe in google drive. I'm trying to get this to work for some time now... Any suggestions? Thnx! Screenshot 2023-07-03 at 10.25.03.png

0 Upvotes
Murielle

SOLVE

Hi Kritopher. 

I have the same isuue and have spend roughly 5 hours devided over 2 days trying to solve this. Last I did was follow your steps but still no result. Its driving me mad..time I should have spend on work not trying to solve sometging supposingly easy. 

And just when i was going to give up....I MANAGED BY YOUR POST! THank you so so much!!!!

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for sharing @kristophermoody!

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes
DGummer
Solution

SOLVE

f anyone is looking for this - I solved it by right clicking on image and selecting "get Link" then it is restricted by default, if you move it to open then anyone can download the link, in this case wmail client. for some reason eamil client cannot download the image as it is restricted on google drive by default < i presume this is the same with drop box.

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for sharing @DGummer!

Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AHoopes

What type of images are you uploading? Have you tried different formats, including jpeg and png, or tried different sizes? A good first step could be taking a screenshot of the image and trying to upload that. 

If you're still stuck after trying these steps would you be able to share an example image so we can investigate further? 

Thanks,

Jenny

cslamont

SOLVE

Hi Jenny,

I am having the same issue- I have tried different file types and file sizes (all under 2MB) as well as different browsers, all to no avail!!!

I can't get images out of google drive or dropbox.

I wonder if you can assist?

Cheers

Chloë

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @cslamont ,

There's something else I wanted to suggest: can you upload the image to Google Photos and then get the direct image address via a mouse right click, like this: 

Screenshot 2021-07-02 at 16.15.21.png

Copy pasting this address into the email generator should do the trick. 

I hope this helps!

Mia

DByrne22

SOLVE

Hello, 

I tried this approach. I can complete the signature format, images included but when I send emails the images are not coming up. 

Thank you.

0 Upvotes
SWilliams4

SOLVE

I tried this and it didn't work. Have tried all of the above suggestions to no avail. I made a signature before Covid, and now want to update with a new photo. I have save the signature and when I make a new email, the old photo continues to pop up. I would really appreciate some help on this. I contacted Apple and they helped me but I cannot remember what they did!!

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @SWilliams4,

I recommend to start from scratch and create a new signature - if possible, please use an incognito window in Google Chrome. You should be able to insert the new picture if you upload it to Google Photos and then paste the image address into the signature generator (as described in my previous comment).  

Cheers

Mia, Community Team 

0 Upvotes
SWilliams4

SOLVE
I did try that with no success

Sent from my iPhone
0 Upvotes
AHoopes

SOLVE