Sales Email

joecole23
Participant

Email Recipient List Auto-Complete Sort Order

Whenever I am authoring a new email in HubSpot, I generally go to the company, then click Emails, Create Email. If the company has only 1 contact, that contact will automatically appear as the recipient (nice!). However, if there are multiple contacts for the company, I start typing the conact name that I want... and for a split second, the contact I need (that's associated with the company record I'm on) will show in the list, and then POOF, it's gone before I can select it! I have to literally type nearly the entire contact's name or exact email address before it shows up for me to select!

Moreover, the sort order of the autocomplete list  doesn't appear to have any rhyme or reason. It's definitely not alphpabetical, either by contact name or contact email address.

This should just be eaiser! The autocomplete logic should show the contacts associated with the company record I'm on FIRST, and other contacts SECOND, and there should be some logical order to the list!

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it a bug? Can it be fixed?

2 Replies 2
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @joecole23 

I'm wondering if you still have this issue? I've been doing some tests on my own portal and I can't reproduce what you are describing.

Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 10.20.21.png

Thank you

Sharon 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
joecole23
Participant

Hey Sharon, yes we are still having the issue. Even in your screenshot, you can see that the list of contacts doesn't appear to be in any discernable sort order. Also, contacts associated with the company you are viewing are not given priority in the list.

I can send you a link to a Zoom recording that demonstrates the issue, but don't want to post it here since the video reveals parts of our HubSpot database. Let me know the best way to get that to you? Thanks!

0 Upvotes