Sales Email

CBaum

Email Open List / Report

I have looked through a number of posts but do not see anything asking this specific question.. If this was already asked, my apologies!

I want to look at a report that shows me all email sent WITH a column that has the number of opens. See below... I have a report that shows all emails sent but I am not able to include a column that shows the number of opens on the particular activity (email). Is there a different way to accomplish this? These are one-off emails, so I am not using a template and these are not marketing emails. All of the data is there as you can see below, so I am not certain why I would not be able to pull it.

Thanks in advance!

Email Opens Question.png

The first image above shows the report I want to use that is lacking the 'open' column. The lower screen shot is showing the clicks/opens of one of the emails shown in the first screen shot to say the data is there, I just don't know how to combine these two. 

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
dianalcont
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Email Open List / Report

Hi @CBaum 

I'm not sure there is a way to get that on a report. I've tried a few different work arounds I had in mind but none of them worked out for me. Can I ask what you need that metric for? Is it for optimizing comm with prospects? Is it to track highly engaged contacts for scoring?

I recommend that you take the opens with a grain of salt. Because of the way emails are tracked, the pixel fires when there is an active pane that displays the email meaning...

• # of times contact opens is a vanity metric
  • depending on the way the user views their emails, it might report an inflated number
    • I see this a lot with apple mail, outlook, and others that are similar

I'd recommend tracking:

• responses
  • meetings booked
  • the sales funnel report
  • clicks might be interesting as well

These tend to be better measures of success. I also like the reports that you get from sales sequences to determine where emails might need a little bit of help – not to mention help you and your team manage follow-up.

Another option is if these are one off emails and you want to measure engagement with content, adding a document (not a file) and using the document analytics in HubSpot. This will give you a better idea of what the prospect is interested in or reveal their pain points.

Document analytics will show you:

• time spent looking at document
  • # of times they looked at the document
  • which page (in a multipage doc) they spent the most time on

Hope this offers a new perspective and it's helpful for you!

Best,

Diana

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Diana Contreras
Helping B2Bs grow faster with a systematic inbound marketing framework.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 30 Minutes with Diana »
CBaum

Email Open List / Report

Thanks Diana! Yes, the intention was the view all one-off emails through a lens of prospect engagement. I know this data can be skewed for one reason or another, but, I have found this data to represent very strong prospect lists in a prior role I was in. Previously, we sent out email blasts to hundreds of people simultaneously then would sort by click rate. It seems like a marketing email would be the way to accomplish this on HubSpot although I haven't looked into that (or the sequence) functionality yet.

My hope was to take that sort of methodology and apply it to one-off emails... Since the data seems to be in HubSpot I thought I would ask the question! Unfortunately I am realizing there probably isn't a way to do it 😕

Thanks again for your help!

casey

0 Upvotes