Sales Email

HannahSarsfield
Contributor

Email Interactions Notifications

SOLVE

Hi,

In my activity feed on Hubspot, alot of the activity is showing up as ‘someone’ rather than the actual contacts name, which is confusing. Is there a way round this?

Also, I've noticed that sometimes my activity is logged to particualr activities. E.g. when I open an email, sometimes it says the recipient of my email has opened it - which is also confusing. Is there a way round this too?

Many thanks,

Hannah 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
JenWeiss
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @HannahSarsfield , 

Thank you for reaching out to us! When we see 'someone' in the activity feed this correlates to being a placeholder for multiple recipients or a sub for when someone has opened without cookie data or in incognito so this could be due to GDPR and the fact that the person opening the email has not accepted cookies yet at the moment. If the email was sent to multiple people, it will show up like this by default, and there isn't a way around that. As for the GDPR reason, yes, they would need to accept cookies to have a lawful basis for data processing. 

Best, 

@JenWeiss 

Whether you're a student or a lifelong learner. Join StudentSpot to be inspired.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
HannahSarsfield
Contributor

SOLVE

Great. Thanks so much for the explanation Jennifer.

Best,

Hannah

0 Upvotes
JenWeiss
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @HannahSarsfield , 

Thank you for reaching out to us! When we see 'someone' in the activity feed this correlates to being a placeholder for multiple recipients or a sub for when someone has opened without cookie data or in incognito so this could be due to GDPR and the fact that the person opening the email has not accepted cookies yet at the moment. If the email was sent to multiple people, it will show up like this by default, and there isn't a way around that. As for the GDPR reason, yes, they would need to accept cookies to have a lawful basis for data processing. 

Best, 

@JenWeiss 

Whether you're a student or a lifelong learner. Join StudentSpot to be inspired.