Email Integration not working

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I recently encountered some problems with the mail integration of CRM.

I setup mail integration via SMTP and IMAP.

When I send an email from my mail client to a customer and add the bcc adress the email will be logged properly in HubSpot.

The problem is, when I receive an email from a customer, the email get's no longer automatically logged to the customer in CRM.

This was already working and stopped working some weeks ago.

That's actually annoying as it was pretty convienent, that arriving emails have been logged out of the box.

I double checked the setting for email integration and also tried deactivating and activating the integration again. But the result is still the same.

Any ideas?

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
Community Manager

Hi @vlador

Can you confirm that the emails that contacts were sending were in response to emails that were sent from within HubSpot? The response from the contact will only be logged to their timeline if the initial email came from within HubSpot. Additionally, the email address that you are sending from will need to be associated with a user in your portal. If you are emailing contacts from your email inbox, I would recommend using the forwarding address to send their responses into your portal. 

Thank you, 
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hallo @jennysowyrda,

thanks for your quick reply.

First of all, the email conversation was not started from within HubSpot.

But of course the contact has been already created in HubSpot and this contact has also the same email address.

I've set up the email integration and associated my email adress with my account.

As this has already been working I am a little bit confused about what actually should work.

I am aware of the forwarding address of HubSpot, but actually there is a problem.

The forwarding will only work if the email is in English. As I am from Germany a lot of Emails are in German. To get this working I would have to translate the "forwarding header" of the original email to english. And that's not very handy.

I would love to use it like I already did.

HubSpot attached the emails I've received to the connected email address automagically to the timeline of this particular contact.

On the attached screenshot you see, that I've connected an email adress with IMAP and SMTP. Would the Outlook Addin help to automagically attach incoming emails to the HubSpot timeline of that user?

(sorry the screenshot is in German, I hope you understand it anyway)

Thankssnipaste_20171024_175240.png

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

One addtional information:

I just noticed, that today an email got attached to the correct timeline in hubspot.

It seems that this does only not work for two particular users. In fact I have changed their email address. Could this be the problem?

It seems that HubSpot still listens on the original email address of that contact.

Is there any chance to "deep" change the email address?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @vlador

Thank you for the information and clarification! I circled back with the Support team to confirm the functionality of responses populating on the contact's timeline and you are correct-the responses should log within HubSpot. My apologies for any confusion I caused! 

Can you send along the contact record or email address of the contact who you are experiencing this issue with? To confirm, you are only experiencing this when you have updated the contact's email address and the imap responses are still trying associate with the original email address. Is that correct? If you can send along screenshots of the email you are sending from your inbox as well as links to the contact record, that would be great! 

Thank you, 

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hallo @jennysowyrda,

thanks for your reply.

As far as I understood the problem up to now, it only occurs when a contact has been created and afterwards the email address has been changed.

In fact I noticed, that the problem occured for two contacts which I know the email addresses have changed. So I guessed that HubSpot might still listening to the original email address. But that's just an assumption, I do not have any proof for that.

Can I share the requested information as PM to you?
I do not want to publish the contact's information.
Is that ok for you?

Thanks for your help.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Thanks @vlador,

Yes let's take a look at the example contacts so that I can dig in and see what we can find. I see you have sent the information over, so I will take a look at that and be in touch. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @vlador

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, can you please send me updated examples of contacts who's response is not getting logged on their timelines? You can send this through direct message if you'd like. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hallo @jennysowyrda,

thanks for your help.

I haven't encountered this issue for a while.

But I also have not sent any emails to these two customers for a while. At least I haven't encountered this issue for other customers.

If I notice this behaviour again, I'll get in contact with you.

Thanks

0 Upvotes