Sales Email

casimps1

E-mails sent via HubSpot do not thread properly in Gmail?

Under HubSpot's Email Integrations, I have connected my Gmail account. So, I am now able to successfully send, track, and receive e-mails directly in HubSpot, which is great!

However, there's one minor, but super annoying thing I haven't figured out yet. When I reply to an e-mail from within HubSpot, it will not appear properly threaded if I later go look at the reply in Gmail. The reply will show up as a completely separate e-mail there. And I can only assume the same threading problem happens on the recipient's end, which seems bad.

Any ideas how to fix this?

3 Replies 3
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @casimps1 

Welcome to the Community! Could you please provide us more details on how these emails were sent, you mentioned in HubSpot, but where and how?

Do you send them directly from the contact record? Or from the conversation inbox?
Is this inbox still connected?

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
casimps1

I've usually (always?) been in the Deals interface in the Activity or Emails tab. I scroll down to the e-mail I want to respond to and then click the Reply button there. That pops up HubSpot's little e-mail composition window, I select a HubSpot template, and then send it from there.

And yes, my Gmail account is still connected to HubSpot. I regularly see e-mails come in through HubSpot and can still use HubSpot to send e-mails out.

0 Upvotes
Josh-Padnick
Participant

I'd like to confirm that I have the same issue. I've had to redact all the sensitive info, but notice how an email here in Gmail renders without hiding the previous replies? That's the problem, and where there are email threads with 10+ replies, you have to scroll a long way to get past the email. Considering how dominant Gmail is, this is actually a pretty significant UX issue in my opinion.

CleanShot 2021-08-30 at 15.47.00@2x.png

0 Upvotes