Sales Email

digoalan

E-mail replies not always being logged

SOLVE

Hi,

I Use GSuite. When I send an e-mail, it gets logged correctly in Hubspot's CRM. However, sometimes the other person's response is not logged. This is creating us a lot of trouble, because some other sales representative is again contacting the lead who already responded to our e-mails.

Could you please help me?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @digoalan 

Logging of email replies requires certain conditions to be met, as described here: Log email replies in the CRM - even then, however, I don't get the impression that this is 100% reliable (few things are with email), so ideally I recommend finding a way to operate without relying on this data. 

Hope this helps. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @digoalan 

Logging of email replies requires certain conditions to be met, as described here: Log email replies in the CRM - even then, however, I don't get the impression that this is 100% reliable (few things are with email), so ideally I recommend finding a way to operate without relying on this data. 

Hope this helps. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
digoalan

SOLVE
Thank you, Phil! Do you know of a way of operating without having to rely on this? We want to use Hubspot to help different people interact with our customers depending on wether they replied or not our last email
0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Phil_Vallender  I am experiencing a similar issue.  Sent an email to a contact through the CRM. Received an email back and it was not logged. Used the forward option, which unfortunately includes my signature and makes it difficult to read. 

The first forward did not work. Checked for a duplicate assuming he used another email.  No duplicate.  I did notice that the email he used was the secondary email for the contact. This is problematic as there is no way to know what the contact will do to respond and having the right information, in the right place, when you need it is critical. 

Any thoughts?  I am going to post with the secondary email group/email not logging as well. 

0 Upvotes