Sales Email

AHelm

Dragging in an email

I have an email in O365 and I want to drag into my Contact or Companies field and I'm not able to see away that can be done, doe anyone have any ideas please? The email does not have a Contact or Company Linked to it, but the information within the email is important.

Many thanks

Ashley

0 Upvotes
14 Replies 14
AHelm

Dragging in an email

No it wasn't, the forwarding email didn't seem to work and you are not able to drag emails int HubSpot, which is a real shame. Short of copying the whole email and pasting it in via Notes, I'm not certain there is a way it can be done.

0 Upvotes
AHelm

Dragging in an email

Thanks Karsten, apologies for that, I hadn't realised you didn't work directly for them. I will speak to them directly, but really appreciate all your help so far.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Dragging in an email

Hi @AHelm,

Was this ever solved? Would love to hear whether there's an update.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Dragging in an email

Hi @AHelm,

My apologies for not following up here. Any updates here? Are you on a paid subscription? If yes, you could reach out to HubSpot technical support.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

AHelm

Dragging in an email

Hi Karsten

I'm not able to find that email either. I have absolutely no idea where these email go!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Dragging in an email

Hi @AHelm,

Very curious – what happens when you use the BCC address in an email to a contact that is in your CRM? Does HubSpot log the email to the contact record? (I'd recommend using a contact that you haven't tested before.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

AHelm

Dragging in an email

I am yes, It's my linked email address , the email header is there as well a the other criterai too.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Dragging in an email

No worries, @AHelm. Could you double-check whether you're fulfilling all the requirements listed here?

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Dragging in an email

Hi @AHelm,

For forwarding you should use the forwarding address, could you retry? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-email-in-your-crm-with-the-bcc-or-forwarding-address#use-... The email should then appear on the contact record associated with the email address of the person who is the sender of the original email.

The forwarding address is meant for emails that you've received already. The BCC for emails that you're yet to send.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

AHelm

Dragging in an email

Hi Karsten

Thanks for your help so far, it's been really useful. I've now got my forwarding address and have sent the email to that address, but I'm still not sure where I find that email in order to link it to my custmer contact? I've cheked the original senders account and I'm not able to see anything there. Would you be happy to do a Zoom or Teams call to show me if possible?

Thanks

Ash

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Dragging in an email

Hi @AHelm,

In HubSpot, are you looking at the correct contact record? (Menu > Contacts > Contacts > search for contact)

Are you maybe looking at a filtered contact timeline that's not showing logged emails? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/customize-activities-on-a-contact-company-deal-ticket-record...

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
AHelm

Dragging in an email

Hi Karsten

I have done that and am looking through all the records, but still not able to find it. Apologies for so many questions.

Ash

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Dragging in an email

Hi @AHelm,

Am I understanding you correctly, you want to log an email from your email client (O365) to a contact / company record in HubSpot? Unfortunately there isn't a drag and drop feature for this but you can forward this email into HubSpot. This forwarding email address is explained here.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

AHelm

Dragging in an email

Hi Karsten

I've used my BCC email addres from Hubspot and forwarded the email to that address, but I'm not able to find where that has gone in HubSpot, is there a way to find it, so that I can then link it to the correct entry?

Thanks

Ash

0 Upvotes