Sales Email

Peque
Contributor

Draft emails are being logged in the CRM

SOLVE

When writting emails from Gmail, all drafts are being logged as sent into the CRM.

Each change I make to a draft email gets logged as a new entry in the CRM. That means I can easily get 20 draft emails logged before I actually send it, polluting all the history.

Is there anything I can do?

It seems this happened previously:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales-Email/Draft-emails-are-being-logged-in-the-CRM/m-p/543436#M59...

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Peque
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for your reply @TiphaineCuisset ,

It seems this has been fixed in the last couple of days, since I am no longer able to reproduce it.

If it happens again in the future, I will DM you with the details to try to accelerate the troubleshooting/fixing process. 😊

Best regards and have a nice day!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Peque
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

It seems this has been fixed in the last couple of days, since I am no longer able to reproduce it.

If it happens again in the future, I will DM you with the details to try to accelerate the troubleshooting/fixing process. 😊

Best regards and have a nice day!

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Peque

Can you please share screenshots of what you are seeing in your inbox and what you are seeing in your CRM, please? 

The emails should not be logged on the timeline unless they are marked as sent in Gmail.

Thank you,
Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
Peque
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @kvonloesecke,

Have you been able to confirm this issue?

Thanks for your help and best regards,

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Peque 

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the late response here. 

Could you send us a specific example of contact/screenshots of how it looks like in your portal? I know you mentioned another thread but this is from 2018 and was related to an issue that was then fixed, so I'm unsure if that would come from the same thing. Having new examples would help to troubleshoot further. 

In addition: 

- Would you mind trying to clear your cache following those steps?

- could you try uninstalling and then reinstalling your Chrome extension? 

- is this happening with all the users in your account?

- I am also wondering if that could come from a conflict of extensions, could you disable all chrome extensions (without necessarily deleting them) and then try if this works? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

0 Upvotes
Peque
Contributor

SOLVE

• I can confirm that clearing the cache does not work.
  • I don't have any extensions installed (and hence, I don't have the Hubspot sales extension installed).
  • This happens with all the users.
  • Since I would need to hide sentitive information from the screenshots, they would exactly the same as the screenshots posted in the other thread, only changing the avatar/face and my name

Also, note that this issue is not only not related to extensions, but also not related to Google integration. The Gmail account is connected to Hubspot via IMAP+SMTP.

Please, let me know if I can do anything else to help troubleshoot this issue. I'd gladly add your email (or the email of someone at Hubspot) to my contacts and send a test email so that you can check how you only receive the email once, but the history gets polluted in my account. I could then share the link to the conversation history and more screenshots privately via email as well.

Thanks again for your help and best regards,

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Peque 

Thank you for your reply and for these information. This is very strange.

Could you send me via DM the email address connected with HubSpot you're having an issue with, as well as 1 or 2 contacts you're having the issue with? (you can send them to me their contact ID, this is the number at the very end of the URL when you're on a contact record) - this will help the team troubleshoot this issue. You can DM me via my profile by clicking on my username. 

Thank you!
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

0 Upvotes
Peque
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @kvlschaefer,

You can find screenshots in this thread: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales-Email/Draft-emails-are-being-logged-in-the-CRM/m-p/543436#M59...

It is the same exact issue. They should not be logged, but they are being logged.

0 Upvotes