Sales Email

Alec_S
Contributor

Does Hubspot retain thread (to recipient) in a non-sequenced email?

SOLVE

When composing a new email to existing contact from within Hubspot, I want all previous correspondances to be visible/below my new email, so the receipient has reference to the follow up I am conducting. Does this happen by default? I see you can toggle threading within sequences, but I am looking for individual email follow ups I am sending, one by one.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@Alec_S here's what I see when I go to reply to an email in HubSpot:

danmoyle_0-1657033594373.png

I hit reply and see this: 

danmoyle_1-1657033660659.png

Then in the email in HubSpot I see this: 

danmoyle_2-1657033720679.png

So yes, HubSpot threads replies in the email record as you reply in HubSpot. Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

Alec_S
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Dan, thank you! Got it. I realize now I have to use the reply button every time I contact someone in Hubspot, which I was not doing! Thank you again for all the attention and time. Alec

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
danmoyle

SOLVE

Hi @Alec_S. The setting you're referencing in Sequences is actually creating replies to the emails you're sending, which would thread them as replies. If you're composing a new email, it stands alone. However in HubSpot CRM, you'll see all email correspondence in the Contact record, which you can also associate to the associated Company, Deal or Tickets as well. Pretty cool, and all correspondence will then be visible in those timelines. Thanks! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
0 Upvotes
Alec_S
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Dan, thank you for taking the time to respond to my inquiry. While it is great I can see the records all together, what I would like to do is compose emails in Hubspot and have the receipient see everything together. It sounds like to do this, I need to follow up with them in my gmail and not from within Hubspot as it will create a brand new thread. Am I reading your reply correctly? Thank you again.

danmoyle

SOLVE

@Alec_S Sorry, let me clarify: If you're replying to something you've already sent, HubSpot will keep the content in that same email, yes. If it's a completely new email, then you'll have a blank slate. That's how I read your question about a 'new email.'  So you can reply in HubSpot to do what you're asking, yes. Hope that clears it up.  😊

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
Alec_S
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Dan,

Thank you. So even though I cannot see my original text to the receipient when I hit "reply" from within an email thread in Hubspot, when they recieve my newely composed "reply", it will include (to them) all the original text?

0 Upvotes
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

@Alec_S here's what I see when I go to reply to an email in HubSpot:

danmoyle_0-1657033594373.png

I hit reply and see this: 

danmoyle_1-1657033660659.png

Then in the email in HubSpot I see this: 

danmoyle_2-1657033720679.png

So yes, HubSpot threads replies in the email record as you reply in HubSpot. Hope that helps! 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
Alec_S
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Dan, thank you! Got it. I realize now I have to use the reply button every time I contact someone in Hubspot, which I was not doing! Thank you again for all the attention and time. Alec

0 Upvotes
danmoyle

SOLVE

You're welcome! Happy I could solve for you. Feel free to mark one of my answers as a solution, too. Helpful to let others know I'm helping. Happy HubSpotting! 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
0 Upvotes