Sales Email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Customize forwarding address - Hosted email address is already in use

Hello,
I created a hubspot account and deleted it because I had made some configuration errors etc. I created a new account by deleting the old one. I try to configure a channel in inbox and when I want to configure the forwarding address, to put the one I was using in the account I deleted, it doesn't work and shows that the account is already in use.

So I know I could use another address but what worries me is that this address is from an old account that was completely deleted but my data is still stored in the system. Can you help me to delete my old data to configure my forwarding address?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Anonymous,

A user (identified by an email address) in HubSpot is not unique to a single account. When you remove a user from all the accounts they’re on or delete the account they're on, the user isn’t deleted from our system. This means you have to go through the steps in this article to remove the user from our systems before you can re-associate the email with your new account.

Take care!

Jess

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I already deleted accounts but data of my deleted accounts are keep savec by the platform (Old forwarding adress). It's a problem for me regarding the configuration of my new account and regarding my data which are supposed to be deleted (RGPD et GDPR/ CNIL ...). I would like to be sure all my data are deleted.

0 Upvotes
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Anonymous,

All your account data is deleted except the email address of your user email address. 

Since a user is not unique to a single account it is not automatically deleted when you delete your account.
You can delete it by following the steps in this article.

Take care!

Jess

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem is not about users but about forward forwarding address who are not deleted when we delete our huspot account.

0 Upvotes