Create a workflow for contact enrolled in sequences

SOLVE
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I have been trying to create a workflow based on contacts already enrolled in sequences but can not set the enrollement trigger as it does not show sales emails in the list of trigger (marketing email ok but not sales email).

What I would like to do is that all contacts enrolled in any sequence would have its lifecycle stage updated to Sales Qualified Lead and its status updated to "attempted to contact". DOes anybody have an idea on this?

It would help a lot.

Thanks !

Have a great day

Marion

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Superstar

Short Answer: Sorry, no.

There is currently somewhat of a disconnect between HubSpot Sequences and HubSpot Marketing functionality. You may read about some of that in the Ideas Forum.
- see [HubSpot Ideas] Filter Contacts by Sequence Enrollment

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
Advisor

Is there not a "sequence status" option as there is for workflows? Sorry I only work in Marketing Hub but I think those triggers should be there, in which case you'd use contact is "currently enrolled in x sequence" as your trigger.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Connor,

thank you for answering my request. I have looked for such status option but could not find itSmiley Frustrated

This is why I asked if anybody could guide me through sales workflows to maybe find it but you're right I think there should be one.

Marion

0 Upvotes
Advisor

That's odd since sequences are very similar to workflows. 

@MFrankJohnson do you have any ideas?

Occasional Contributor

I'm gonna have a closer look at sequence status as you suggested and will be back if anything new.

Thanks again

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I can see Workflow status indeed but as you can see on capture below there is no "sequence status", not even when I go to the Activity dropdown menu, I get a "call status or task status" properties but nothing for sequences.

Capture.JPG

0 Upvotes
Community Superstar

Short Answer: Sorry, no.

There is currently somewhat of a disconnect between HubSpot Sequences and HubSpot Marketing functionality. You may read about some of that in the Ideas Forum.
- see [HubSpot Ideas] Filter Contacts by Sequence Enrollment

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

well that's exactly it... and unfortunately it asnwers the negative way but at least it answers.

Thank you very much @MFrankJohnson and @ConnorSlivensky  for helping out.

Have a good weekend

Regular Contributor | Platinum Partner

@MarionFrelon @MFrankJohnson @ConnorSlivensky 

Late to the party here, but contrary to what's been said, there are in fact better solutions than just, "No".

Option 1:

While you aren't able to specify which sequences you'd like to build a workflow off of, there IS a DEFAULT contact property called "Now in sequence". 

That being said, and considering that it sounds like you're primarily using sequences for cold outreach, you could create the workflow below:

Enrollment Trigger: Contact Property "Now in Sequence" is known.

Action 1: Update lead status to "Attempted to Contact". 

I understand this isn't as elegant (or useful) a solution as HubSpot SHOULD have, but it is nonetheless a solution to automate properties based off people being in a sequence. 

Option 2:

Create a custom property - eg. "Enrolled in X". 

Whenever your reps enroll/multi-enroll people into a sequence, have them also batch-set the custom property for the contacts being enrolled.

Use custom property in workflows.

Again, not the most elegant of solutions, but this would give you the ability to specifiy which sequences you'd like to build workflows off of. 

Hope this helps! 

Community Superstar

Of course you are correct, Hong. Must've been smokin crack when I originally answered this thread. haha Smiley Wink

While not elegant (as you point out), even a workaround is generally better than a 'no'. Good catch.

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor | Platinum Partner

Ha! Nothing wrong with a little crack every now and then Smiley LOL