Create Template for Hubspot - can you import HTML email template from builder?

Top Contributor

I'd like to create a template for my Hubspot CRM to send a link to my magazines.

But I don't want to do ugly text-only emails any more.

Is it possible to create an HTML email in one of those html-email builders and import it into Hubspot and use it as a template, maybe adding a picture to it, too?

thank you.

5 Replies 5
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @NGC-224!

It is not currently possible to create a template using HTML at this time. If you would like to add an image to a template, this can be done by selecting the image icon at the bottom of a template when creating it. I am attaching a screenshot of this for reference! 

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 2.47.36 PM.png

Best,

Olivia

0 Upvotes
Top Contributor

Thank you, Olivia.

I found these two mentions of HTML email and templates on Hubspot.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/cos-general/build-a-custom-coded-template-in-hubspot

https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/html-email

Or should I just create the template outside of Hubspot, and then paste it into each email before I send it? 

I want to avoid those ugly text-only emails that look so unprofessional. I also don't have so many contacts in my database, 430 only, and the won't get much more than about 550, and as I don't send to the whole contact list but always to sections to it, it would be managable and worth the effort to create a more professional and pleasing impression.

Occasional Contributor

Hubspot allows you to create HTML "Marketing" templates, but not templates that can be used when sending one-to-one or "sequence" emails.

We hired a design firm to build all of our customer emails in HTML, and cannot use them.  There really is no way to use professionally developed HTML email for ad-hoc, on-on-one communications with customer. 

We find this to be a major problem because we do not send mass "Marketing" emails to our customers.  We like to select the appropriate email for each engagement.

Top Contributor

Actually, the HTML option is only available to "Professional" and "Enterprise" level subscribers. The basic Markteting subscription does not include it.

It would be a true boon to finally be able to send emails with pleasing and professional design.

HubSpot Product Team

Hi @NGC-224!

The options in the articles linked are specific to Marketing emails being sent out, this is not available for one-to-one email templates. I would recommend creating templates directly from the template editor rather than copying and pasting a template from an external editor.

When copying content from an external editor into a template this can cause formatting issues as external styling may end up being applied to the template, causing for it to have undesired formatting. 

Best,

Olivia 

0 Upvotes