Sales Email

ChangeTheLights
Participant

Create Do Not Send List that Does Not Count Towards Contacts

SOLVE

Hi everyone!

At my company we are currently dealing with a number of contacts that have unsubscribed. We want to maintain this list to ensure we do not send emails to them in the future, but also would like them not to count towards our total list of contacts.

Is there a way to sort of "quarantine" this list within Hubspot while having them not count towards our total contacts, or would we need to export them as a list and them delete them from our contacts entirely?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ChangeTheLights

Fortunately, HubSpot has Marketing Contacts so you're only paying for those you market to, not 'all the contact' you're maintaining. Here's a great resource to help break it down: Understand marketing contacts

If those who have unsubscribed have done so in HubSpot, they'll be marked as non-marketing contacts. If not, you can import an opt-out list  so the contacts exist but are not marked as marketing contacts. 

Finally, you can also take these folks and mark them with a custom property if you need an additional layer of confidence, something like "do not email" as a single yes/no check box and mark them accordingly. Then you can create that as an active list and use the list for "don't send to" in your email send screen. 

danmoyle_0-1642437068501.png

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @ChangeTheLights

Fortunately, HubSpot has Marketing Contacts so you're only paying for those you market to, not 'all the contact' you're maintaining. Here's a great resource to help break it down: Understand marketing contacts

If those who have unsubscribed have done so in HubSpot, they'll be marked as non-marketing contacts. If not, you can import an opt-out list  so the contacts exist but are not marked as marketing contacts. 

Finally, you can also take these folks and mark them with a custom property if you need an additional layer of confidence, something like "do not email" as a single yes/no check box and mark them accordingly. Then you can create that as an active list and use the list for "don't send to" in your email send screen. 

danmoyle_0-1642437068501.png

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
ChangeTheLights
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for your help, Dan. Much appreciated!