Sales Email

russstephens
Member | Gold Partner
Member | Gold Partner

Conversations Inbox Logging Outbound Emails

SOLVE

When I send an email to a contact from within Hubspot it logs that email in the inbox conversations. As this is an outbound message there is no action to be taken so the record has to be manually 'closed'.

I cant see any benefit for logging outbound emails, and it seems like a waste of time closing these messages just to get to inbox zero each day.

What am I missing here?

1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @russstephens,

You aren't missing anything! Essentially what the inbox allows is for a copy of your inbox to be seen in the Inbox tool. While for your company not all outbound emails need to be seen there, for other businesses, they may create tickets off of outbound emails, or may begin a thread of conversation through outbound emails. 

Currently the customization of being able to determine which emails show up there isn't possible, so the default will associate all emails with the tool.

Thanks,
Jenny

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
jditmer0
Contributor

SOLVE

How can you have Customer Relationship Management software that doesn't even have it's own dedicated inbox for customer relationship management? The logging is innacurrate even with work around methods.

0 Upvotes
philipdosa

SOLVE

We are having the same issue. I guess it kinda makes sense that some groups use outbound email in their inbox for some reason, but this is a simple function that needs to be available. To me, defaulting to outbound emails not showing up with the option to add them back in would make HubSpot so much more helpful to teams trying to stay on top of communications.

galenweber

SOLVE

Russ we have the same issue: having our outbound emails in our inbox clutters the inbox, and makes it more likely that our customer service agents miss actual inbound emails.

Has anyone found a way to prevent outbound email from being displayed in the inbox?

Lauren_D
Participant

SOLVE

Agree! This is such a massive problem for any company using tickets / inbox as their support tool. Hubspot is creating so much extra work for our team by not allowing us to filter. It's an INBOX, not an inbox + outbox. Please fix this feature guys! 

GaryTesta
Contributor

SOLVE

+1 - We need a simple way to filter out our own emails, while others may want to see them, but they totally clutter up the box with internal garbage!  How about a filter to allow us to filter out our own domain at the very least??  That way we can see and FIND the emails that really matter?

GaryTesta
Contributor

SOLVE

BTW This thread shows as SOLVED which is incorrect this isn't solved its an open problem so this thread show be catagorized as OPEN.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @GaryTesta,

If you would like to see this functionality implemented in the future, the best place to continue this conversation will be the ideas forum. This conversation is about how the functionality is built now. The product team monitors the ideas forum, so that will be the best place to share your feedback. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
travlynk

SOLVE

Was this feature ever updated?

0 Upvotes
galenweber

SOLVE

For anyone who visits this thread and would at least like the option of having an inbox in HubSpot that functions the way most inboxes do, I've created submitted this novel idea here:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Don-t-log-outbound-emails-in-Inbox-or-provide-an-opti...

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @russstephens,

You aren't missing anything! Essentially what the inbox allows is for a copy of your inbox to be seen in the Inbox tool. While for your company not all outbound emails need to be seen there, for other businesses, they may create tickets off of outbound emails, or may begin a thread of conversation through outbound emails. 

Currently the customization of being able to determine which emails show up there isn't possible, so the default will associate all emails with the tool.

Thanks,
Jenny