Sales Email

StuHodgson

Conversatations Team Inbox Issue (Internal Email Reply Being Logged)

Hi,

We are using Conversatations for Team Inboxes with forwarding from Office 365 to a number of Team Inboxes.

We have noted that with some internal users that do not have personal email setup within Hubspot when they respond to another internal business user on matters not relating to Sales etc within Office 365 their reply traffic is visable within Contact and the relevant HubSpot Team Inbox. That is all their reply traffic.

To stop this do any of the following need to be done?

1.User needs to have a HubSpot personal email added with Automatation turned off.

2. Contact Records for internal business users need to be removed.

Thanks,

Stu

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

Hi @StuHodgson 

Have you considered setting up your own company domain in the never log list in HubSpot?

Am I not sure I'm understanding your current scenario correctly. 

1. I am emailing internal user a with email internaluserA@companydomain.com
  2. That user forwards the email to teamA@commpanydomain.com,  which is connected to your conversations inbox in HubSpot?
  3. In which contact is that email exchange visible - mine, internaluserA or someone else completely?

Thanks

Frank 

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
StuHodgson

Hi All,

Thanks fo the advice and we did already have the Domain Never Log in place but that didn't stop the creation of a Contact so we have now added individaul email addresses.

The Thinking is that if an employee that is a HubSpot User contacted an employee that was a non HubSpot user via a Communication Team then a Contact Record would have been created and thus tagging applied. This meant that even if the employee messaged within the bounds of the Office 365 Account to the other employee that had a HubSpot Contact Record then the reply would log to HubSpot.

Please do if the theory matches thinking.

Stu

0 Upvotes
danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

@StuHodgson Question for you: The person's email getting logged, is it getting logged in the inbox because they're replying to an email from the inbox? Like, if I'm replying to support@yourdomain.com from my email, is that getting logged? If that's the case, that's expected behavior. It should not then log any emails they send. If that's not the case and I misunderstood, my apoogies. 

One solution to consider is this exclude recipients from CRM email logging resource from HubSpot. This will stop HubSpot from logging emails from specified email domains you put in, and stop HubSpot from creating new contacts. 

I hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/