Sales Email

HStork

Contacts have email extensions that don't match the business extension

SOLVE

Hello, I have contacts for one of my deals with a different email extension than the company's email extension and it is not tracking the emails properly. Is there a way to fix this?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HStork,

If the contact is associated with the deal it should allow you to log/track the emails accordingly when you are communicating with them regardless of the email domain. Here is the knowledge base article on associate records with one another: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/associate-records

Also, please be sure that you have the appropriate email extension installed if you are communicating outside of HubSpot.  

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HStork. In addition to what @Josh mentioned, let me ask this: Are you emailing the contact and expecting it to automatically show up in the Deal activity timeline? You'll want to make sure your log and track settings include the default associations you're hoping for: 

danmoyle_0-1650311016872.png

If it's not auto-associating, you may need ensure the contact is associated to the deal, or you may to go into the contact or company record and associate the email in HubSpot to the deal manually. I wonder if because the contact's email isn't the same as the company that's creating an issue? 

Hope that helps as well! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @HStork. In addition to what @Josh mentioned, let me ask this: Are you emailing the contact and expecting it to automatically show up in the Deal activity timeline? You'll want to make sure your log and track settings include the default associations you're hoping for: 

danmoyle_0-1650311016872.png

If it's not auto-associating, you may need ensure the contact is associated to the deal, or you may to go into the contact or company record and associate the email in HubSpot to the deal manually. I wonder if because the contact's email isn't the same as the company that's creating an issue? 

Hope that helps as well! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @HStork,

If the contact is associated with the deal it should allow you to log/track the emails accordingly when you are communicating with them regardless of the email domain. Here is the knowledge base article on associate records with one another: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/associate-records

Also, please be sure that you have the appropriate email extension installed if you are communicating outside of HubSpot.  

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer