Sales Email

ssknair

Contact reply not capture under sequence enrollments

SOLVE

Hi,

We are facing some difficulties with the enrollment status under sequences.

The status is not changing to 'Contact replied to email' even after a contact replying to the sequence. The reply is captured under emails on HubSpot but not updated on this particular sequence. Would love to know what's going on.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ssknair,

That is likely the issue: If you sent just one email, the sequence does technically end immediately after that without having received a response. I cannot see the date stamp of the reply but would assume that it came in after the sequence was sent. In that sense HubSpot would be correct in stating that the sequence ended before a response was noted.

It could be argued that HubSpot should treat this scenario differently and you could propose that in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews the submissions made in that section. Until then, it seems like this is expected (while unintuitive) behavior in HubSpot.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
ssknair

SOLVE

HS Community.png

Thanks for your responses. 

@karstenkoehler Above is the the record that is seen under that particular sequence, on the enrollments tab of that sequence. Please note, this was a one step sequence and it ended as soon as the first email went out. This should ideally show 'Contact reponded to email' instead of 'Seqence ended, no response' if the person responded to that sequence email.

HS Community 1.png

Under the contact record, I am able to see the response. The email shown above is the response.

I hope I was able to clear this for all of you.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ssknair,

That is likely the issue: If you sent just one email, the sequence does technically end immediately after that without having received a response. I cannot see the date stamp of the reply but would assume that it came in after the sequence was sent. In that sense HubSpot would be correct in stating that the sequence ended before a response was noted.

It could be argued that HubSpot should treat this scenario differently and you could propose that in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews the submissions made in that section. Until then, it seems like this is expected (while unintuitive) behavior in HubSpot.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ssknair

SOLVE

Thanks again, for clarifying this @karstenkoehler . The reply came in minutes later the sequence ended for the contact. 

StjepanGrcic
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @karstenkoehler 

I just asked for the screenshot of the problem that @ssknair  has??

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @StjepanGrcic, my bad, I had tagged you by accident. Cheers!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ssknair,

When you're saying that the email reply is captured under emails, are you referring to those replies showing on the contact record? (If not, where are you seeing this?) If yes, then there seems to be a bug, as a reply should unenroll the contact from the sequence. In that case I'd recommend reaching out to HubSpot customer support via the in-app help widget.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ssknair ,

Can you plese tell us where are you seeing this ''Contact replied to email' thing?

For a particular sequence you can check the reply rate here: 

webdew_0-1637643392862.png

Sequence mails are 'sales mails'..they will be logged in the enrolled contacts and you can check them when you will click on the contact name..under the email tab: 

webdew_1-1637643645118.png

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
StjepanGrcic

SOLVE

Hey @ssknair 

Can you share a screenshot or any more information about your problem. 

Cheers,

Stjepan

0 Upvotes