Sales Email

Thomas_Carlsen
Participant

Connecting alias e-mail to "Conversations"

SOLVE

Good morning!

We are setting up a "Pro" plan for our SaaS and would like to offer a dedicated e-mail for support inquiries. This e-mail would, ideally, be an alias of one of our CS team member that already uses HubSpot. I would like to have all e-mails sent to this address to the Conversations Inbox so any CS team member could solve the issue as fast as possible. However, I seem to be having multiple problems:

1) I am not able to connect the alias address, but only the original team member address. This is not ideal because I do not want to have ALL his e-mails sent to the inbox

2) I created a separate e-mail on Google Workspace to connect to the Inbox for testing purposes, but it does not seem to work because there is no HubSpot user with that e-mail. It connects, but does not receive anything in the Inbox. I would not even like to pay Google for this e-mail, let alone a HubSpot license.

Can anyone help me out?

2 Accepted solutions
danmoyle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@Thomas_Carlsen the HubSpot Conversations Inbox is indeed built for a group email like Support. It's really not for a single email alias/user. When you have the group email set up, each HubSpot user with access will email as that group, but the cusomization of their name. As an example, we have support@hublms.com as our HubLMS Support inbox. When I email out of there, that's the email but the from name is Dan with HubLMS Support. 

Hopefully that clears it up some. 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

Learning Ops | Impulse Creative

[he/him/his]

239-244-8812 | 269-330-4696
dan@impulsecreative.com
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

Jnix284
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Thomas_Carlsen , as @danmoyle mentioned, the purpose of conversations inbox is for team/shared emails. The link he shared is a comprehensive overview of Inbox and links to this article Connecting channels to the conversation inbox, which is my go-to for troubleshooting connection issues. Hope this helps!

maka Agency

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Thomas_Carlsen , as @danmoyle mentioned, the purpose of conversations inbox is for team/shared emails. The link he shared is a comprehensive overview of Inbox and links to this article Connecting channels to the conversation inbox, which is my go-to for troubleshooting connection issues. Hope this helps!

maka Agency
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

@Thomas_Carlsen the HubSpot Conversations Inbox is indeed built for a group email like Support. It's really not for a single email alias/user. When you have the group email set up, each HubSpot user with access will email as that group, but the cusomization of their name. As an example, we have support@hublms.com as our HubLMS Support inbox. When I email out of there, that's the email but the from name is Dan with HubLMS Support. 

Hopefully that clears it up some. 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

Learning Ops | Impulse Creative

[he/him/his]

239-244-8812 | 269-330-4696
dan@impulsecreative.com
https://impulsecreative.com/