Sales Email

Thomas_Carlsen
Participant

Connecting alias e-mail to "Conversations"

SOLVE

Good morning!

We are setting up a "Pro" plan for our SaaS and would like to offer a dedicated e-mail for support inquiries. This e-mail would, ideally, be an alias of one of our CS team member that already uses HubSpot. I would like to have all e-mails sent to this address to the Conversations Inbox so any CS team member could solve the issue as fast as possible. However, I seem to be having multiple problems:

1) I am not able to connect the alias address, but only the original team member address. This is not ideal because I do not want to have ALL his e-mails sent to the inbox

2) I created a separate e-mail on Google Workspace to connect to the Inbox for testing purposes, but it does not seem to work because there is no HubSpot user with that e-mail. It connects, but does not receive anything in the Inbox. I would not even like to pay Google for this e-mail, let alone a HubSpot license.

Can anyone help me out?

2 Accepted solutions
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@Thomas_Carlsen the HubSpot Conversations Inbox is indeed built for a group email like Support. It's really not for a single email alias/user. When you have the group email set up, each HubSpot user with access will email as that group, but the cusomization of their name. As an example, we have support@hublms.com as our HubLMS Support inbox. When I email out of there, that's the email but the from name is Dan with HubLMS Support. 

Hopefully that clears it up some. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Thomas_Carlsen , as @danmoyle mentioned, the purpose of conversations inbox is for team/shared emails. The link he shared is a comprehensive overview of Inbox and links to this article Connecting channels to the conversation inbox, which is my go-to for troubleshooting connection issues. Hope this helps!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Thomas_Carlsen , as @danmoyle mentioned, the purpose of conversations inbox is for team/shared emails. The link he shared is a comprehensive overview of Inbox and links to this article Connecting channels to the conversation inbox, which is my go-to for troubleshooting connection issues. Hope this helps!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

@Thomas_Carlsen the HubSpot Conversations Inbox is indeed built for a group email like Support. It's really not for a single email alias/user. When you have the group email set up, each HubSpot user with access will email as that group, but the cusomization of their name. As an example, we have support@hublms.com as our HubLMS Support inbox. When I email out of there, that's the email but the from name is Dan with HubLMS Support. 

Hopefully that clears it up some. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/