Sales Email

JFord7
Participant

Changing text format inside of a contact property

SOLVE

Hello all,
My company sells into many different partners and we have to provide disclosures that are partner dependant. Because of this I created contact properties that could be used in Templates to allow for partner independant Templates. These properties are populated using a workflow, but it seems like I cannot edit the property as rich text when editting in the workflow, only when editing the property directly through the contaact.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
BukunmiOdetayo
Solution
Top Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Oh oh! You want that property to be formatted with a link. To the best of my knowledge, you may not be able to insert a link into that property via a workflow. The best I can recommend is to use the "Format data" option after the "Set property value".

To do this, choose the "replace character option" and replace "here" with the link. I have this resource to help you.

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
BukunmiOdetayo

SOLVE

Hi @JFord7,

Are you looking to set the rich text property to some particularly fixed content with workflow and are looking for a way to add this content to the workflow?

If yes, then use the "Set property value" action...

BukunmiOdetayo_0-1678827000368.png

...choose the rich text property and enter the content into that rich text property.

BukunmiOdetayo_1-1678827108806.png

That should solve the problem.

If not, kindly elaborate on the issue with pictures/videos. I'll be glad to help further.

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JFord7
Participant

SOLVE

Hi BukinmiOdetayo,

Thank you for your response and suggestion. I attempted to do as you suggested, but there does not appear to be a rich text property to select. I'll attach photos below of the workflow as well as the property I am trying to set.

This is the property that I am attempting to set via workflow:

Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 4.03.28 PM.png

This is the workflow with Set property Value selected, there does not appear to be a rich text option:

Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 4.05.16 PM.png

This is the work with the text I would like to reformat in the property:

Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 4.06.16 PM.png

Ideally, I could set the font to 8 and include our terms and conditions as a hyperlink in the final word, "here."

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

0 Upvotes
BukunmiOdetayo

SOLVE

Hey @JFord7,

If I understood your request clearly, the only thing left for you to do from this screenshot is save the action.

Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 4.06.16 PM.png

I also tried this out and made this video for you.

If that does not fully address what you're looking for, please book a 15-minute call using the scheduling link in my signature. Then, we will come back here to share what we did and finish it up. 

PS: Kindly tag me in your reply so I will receive a notification and come back to you.

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

JFord7
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @BukunmiOdetayo,

Thank you for putting in the time to review and create a video for this. The problem that I have been facing is that we cannot utilize the rich text features when in a workflow.

For example, the workflow would populate the Contact Property-Standard Disclosure with the following:

Conditions apply. Subject to approval. Mercantile Financial Technologies, Inc. is a financial technology company, not a bank. The AOA Credit Cards are issued by Hatch Bank pursuant to a license from Mastercard. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Review the cardholder agreement here.

I need it to populate the Contact Property-Standard Disclosure with the following:

Conditions apply. Subject to approval. Mercantile Financial Technologies, Inc. is a financial technology company, not a bank. The AOA Credit Cards are issued by Hatch Bank pursuant to a license from Mastercard. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Review the cardholder agreement here.

I hope this helps clarify!

0 Upvotes
BukunmiOdetayo
Solution

SOLVE

Oh oh! You want that property to be formatted with a link. To the best of my knowledge, you may not be able to insert a link into that property via a workflow. The best I can recommend is to use the "Format data" option after the "Set property value".

To do this, choose the "replace character option" and replace "here" with the link. I have this resource to help you.

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo