Change the From Name by sending an E-Mail?

freund

Hi,

i want to send E-Mails from hubspot directly to the customer but not with my From Name (Accountname) in hubspot. I want to send this E-Mail from our company name. It's possible to change From Name by sending an E-Mail?

Thanks and regards!

15 Replies 15
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @freund

Can you share a bit more about what kind of email you're sending (marketing or sales). If you can share what HubSpot products you have and what your end goal is, that will assist in other users helping you. 

0 Upvotes
WENation0657

I want to know the same thing. When I send email through the Hubspot crm email, my actual first and last name is what clients see as who its From when they recieve my email instead of my company name.  I want my company name to show up as From when clients recieve the email, not my first and last name.  How do you do this?

jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @WENation0657

What HubSpot tools are you using? Are you sending a marketing email or a sales email? For a guide on adding email aliases for sales emails, click here.

0 Upvotes
WENation0657

I'm sending a email on the sales side. And when I send the email, The From still says my first and last name instead of my company name.  I just need to make it where when people see my email, it says my company as who the email is from. How do I do this. The link you sent did not show how to do this. I appreciate your assistance with this issue.

arfan
Participant

you aren't so good to answer the user question. everyone is asking but you're still unfamiliar. not a expert

0 Upvotes
arfan
Participant

facing the same problem!

0 Upvotes
SavedWealth

Hello everyone,

I have been having this exact issue and have spent hours trying to find customer support for a solution to no avail. However, while working around what I did figure out was that the only way I was able to change the from name section in an email was when I changed the name under "Profile & Preferences". When i changed the name there it changed on the email. It just seems that it will have to be changed frequently if using different user names. So far its the only solution i have been able to find.  I hope this was helpful.

cyancat
Participant

Me too! I do hope they add this feature already

0 Upvotes
spencern
Participant

Agreed! I would like to be able to even change it so it says "[username] from [companyname]" so that the customer can see quickly what company it is, but also personalize it with my name. Alternatively, it could be "[username], [companyname]"

IFORCE

I hope you resolved this question by now, but I see others still asking the question.  So you can change this by selecting the conversation tab and selecting inbox.  Now at the bottom left you'll see a gearbox labeled "Inbox Settings".  Click that and then select email.  Now you should see your 1 support email listed.  Highlight and hit edit then select Configuration.  I hope this helps.

spencern
Participant

Do you know if you can also set this on your individual email for Sequences, etc.?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @spencern,

@Mike_Eastwood walked through a suggestion for this here.  

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
spencern
Participant

Thanks Jenny. That could be a good option. I was hoping to still retain the auto-unenroll feature in sequences when they reply, but the trade-off may be worth it!

0 Upvotes
MattGraham

Thank you for this response. This helped me out. ❤️ 

0 Upvotes
joshua-paul
Top Contributor | Gold Partner

Here is how to change the sender name on a sales email coming from the HubSpot CRM via one-off email, template, or sequence. Keep in mind that this is kind of cumbersome, so it is better for one-time changes rather than changing the sender name frequently. 

Notice that my sender name is "Josh Paul" below. I want to change it to send from "Joshua D. paul" instead.

hs-change-sales-email-sender-1.png

First, change the sender name in the General preference settings under "Your Preferences"

https://app.hubspot.com/settings/HUBID/user-preferences/profile 

hs-change-sales-email-sender-2b.png

Next, go to your email integration settings and disconnect your inbox.

https://app.hubspot.com/crm-settings-email/HUBID/email/connectedEmails 

hs-change-sales-email-sender-4.png

Then, reconnect your same inbox.

hs-change-sales-email-sender-5.png

Finally, wait 5-10 minutes before you go to send an email from the HubSpot CRM. You may also have to refresh the contact record if you are already there. Notice the new email sender name below is now "Joshua D. Paul".

hs-change-sales-email-sender-6.png

0 Upvotes