Sales Email

GGarola

Change lead status from email

SOLVE

Hi Community,

I'm looking for a way to allow sales representative to update the status of a lead from outside the HS portal, preferrably from email. The flow would look something like this:

- lead is assigned to sales rep

- sales rep gets an email notification

- sales rep does his magic with the lead

- sales rep answers back (?) to that email to update the lead status 

Does anyone has experience or ideas if this can be done ootb or with plugins..?

Thank you!

GG

1 Accepted solution
colinwitt
Solution
Top Contributor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GGarola ,

the e-mail notification could be sent to the Sales Rep via an internal marketing email from HubSpot to also include all details about the lead. That E-Mail could also include a button/link to a HubSpot form, which the Sales Rep could submit to give feedback on the lead / update the lead status. In order for the submission to be attributed to the original lead, you would have to use URL Parameters/Query Strings in the form link.
Maybe this post on it could help regarding the query strings: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Email-Marketing-Tool/How-to-mach-form-submission-via-email-with-a-c...

Are there particular reasons why the Sales Reps don't work directly within HubSpot?

Let me know if any questions come up.

Best regards
Colin

Leadwunder

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
colinwitt
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @GGarola ,

the e-mail notification could be sent to the Sales Rep via an internal marketing email from HubSpot to also include all details about the lead. That E-Mail could also include a button/link to a HubSpot form, which the Sales Rep could submit to give feedback on the lead / update the lead status. In order for the submission to be attributed to the original lead, you would have to use URL Parameters/Query Strings in the form link.
Maybe this post on it could help regarding the query strings: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Email-Marketing-Tool/How-to-mach-form-submission-via-email-with-a-c...

Are there particular reasons why the Sales Reps don't work directly within HubSpot?

Let me know if any questions come up.

Best regards
Colin

Leadwunder

0 Upvotes
GGarola

SOLVE

Thanks @colinwitt, that sounds promising, I'll dive deeper in the discussion you've shared. No particular reason, just foreseeing possible pushback to the adoption of a new tool which is not bread and butter for a field sales man.

Thank you!
GG

Lucila-Andimol
Thought Leader | Platinum Partner
Thought Leader | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hey @GGarola 

there is a lot that can be done,

but its not magic, its processes and automation 😁

If every action that the sales rep does its register in HubSpot properly,

as the what-when-and how is a standard clear process

you can update either Lead status of lifecycle stage with automations

(some standard and some from workflows or 3rd party tools if you don't have a PRO licence)

María Lucila Abal | COO Andimol
HubSpot Expert, Community Champion & Certified Trainer (12+ years)

Have questions? Get answers:

Get Premium Support

Did my post help answer your question? Mark this as a solution.