Sales Email

brandon98
Participant

Capturing Contacts After Sequence Ends

What is the best way to add contacts to a list or capture them after they end a sequence. When a contact finishes a sequence but does not take action they fall into a sort of limbo. I want to make sure that I can add contacts that take no action and just unenroll with no response to a list. I know that I can see this information in sequences but this would involve me to manually look at the contacts name, then go one by one adding people to a static list. I want to automatically be notified that a contact has unenrolled with no response, and then add them to a list.

7 Replies 7
ErinStudstill
Contributor | Platinum Partner

You can write a workflow  for Now enrolled in Sequence is False.  This will be triggered when someone completes a sequence and then you can add a step to add the contact to a list.

0 Upvotes
brandon98
Participant

Will this not add every contact that is not enrolled in a sequence? ie: A contact that has never been enrolled in a sequence would also show up as false.  Would it make sense to add the inital trigger as: "Now in sequence has ever been equal to true" AND "Now in sequence is equal to false".

0 Upvotes
ErinStudstill

No a contact never enrolled in a sequence shows as null vs false.

AdamLPW
Key Advisor

See my original response...  makes me wish I had access to Workflows!!! Smiley Tongue

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
brandon98
Participant

Thank you for the clarification. 

0 Upvotes
AdamLPW
Key Advisor

Hi @brandon98,

I'm sure there's clever things that can be done with Workflows but assuming (like me), you're not a Professional or Enterprise user, here's what I do.

I have the final step in my sequence as 2 tasks, one of which is "Add contact to [Static List Name]" and the other setting a contact property.  

I can then use either my static list or searching contacts for this property to find anyone who has fallen out of my sequence.

There are also reporting tools within sequences which help with this.  If you go in to Automation > Sequences and click on the sequence in question you can see reports for all enrollments for all time, or set a date range.  

You'll also see a "Status" report below.  This allows you to filter for status "Sequence ended, no response", which will bring up all contacts who've fallen out at the far end of the sequence without getting back to you.  

I don't think being automatically notified when a client leaves a sequence is possible (please feel free to correct me, community!), but any combination of the above options should allow you to keep on top of this.

Hope this helps.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
0 Upvotes
Steve2020
Participant

Great idea to have last step in a sequence add the contact to a list.  Since I didn't do that on my last sequene, any suggestions for how to get my list of enrolled contacts from sequence A into a new sequence B?  Thanks!

0 Upvotes