Sales Email

TonyDowling
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Can you help me find a list of bounces in a sequence?

SOLVE
Hello!

Completely stumped by what I thought was an easy to solve request from a client!
How can I see, edit or otherwise export a list of sequences bounced contacts?

I can see the In-app list, but can't do much with it, or recreate it with filters or any of the custom reports I can find

Has anyone got a workaround?

Please help lol!
1 Accepted solution
nslabach
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

As of today (10/17/23), there's no way to sort by contacts who bounced in a sequence - this would be an incredibly helpful feature to add!!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
GMatos
Contributor

SOLVE

I was looking for the same and there is no property we can use. I am using Journey Reports to have that.

1. Add 'Sequence emails bounced' in the Stage 1

2. Click on the bar chart to open the report details

3. Click on 'Use in list' and save it to a static list.

You can also use Custom reports, but you will need to export the data as there is no option to add to a list.

1. Add 'Sequence' as a primary data source

2. Select 'Contact' as an additional data source

3. In the 'Sequence Events' select 'Contact Bounces' and add '#Count of Contacts' to the Y-axis.

4. Click on the chart to have the list of bounced contacts. Click export.

GMatos_2-1707929306894.png

GMatos_0-1707929089105.png

GMatos_1-1707929150809.png

0 Upvotes
nslabach
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

As of today (10/17/23), there's no way to sort by contacts who bounced in a sequence - this would be an incredibly helpful feature to add!!

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TonyDowling,

You can use the new sequence filter options here, either under Menu > Contacts > Contacts > More filters (center of the screen) or in an active list.

Here, you'd filter for "Email hard bounce reason is known AND Last sequence enrolled is equal to [sequence ID]". The sequence ID is the number that you'll see in the address bar of your browser when you navigate to a sequence (Menu > Automation > Sequences > Manage > click on sequence). One of mine looks like this, https://app.hubspot.com/sequences/MY_PORTAL_ID/sequence/36885138/edit. Copy and paste the second number in the Last sequence enrolled filter.

This will not give you a list of contacts that bounced from the sequence (although that is very likely) but contacts who were both in the list and also bounced – somehwere.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

TonyDowling

SOLVE

Thank you! Unfortunately these are sales emails and not marketing emails, so that solution doesn't solve in this case 

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TonyDowling ,

This is currently not possible in hubspot. 

The emails that we send through sequences are sales emails and that we can see in the contacts activity dashboard only. So it is not possible to get a list out for this

Also, there is no property for sales emails bounced so we cannot pull this data out in the form of list for the time being.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @TonyDowling 

Thank you for reaching out!

I found this knowledge base article that explaines how to create a static or active list of bounced contacts

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes