Can this be used for tracking mail, not just email leads?

New Contributor

I am communicating via direct mail. But without saying I've been emailing contacts, I can't import them. Is this not a suitable CRM to track those relationships if I'm not only interested in email communications?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies
Regular Advisor | Gold Partner | HubSpot Certified Trainer

Hi @MaryC,

I don't completely understand your question. If you can elaborate a bit, I'd be happy to provide some insight where I can.

Thanks!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

We help tier 1 & 2 manufacturers generate leads!
HubSpot Gold Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I'm just setting things up. One list I'd like to import are contacts that I communicate with via direct mail, not email. But the permissions I have to reply "true" to are all about email permission. I won't be emailing these people at this point, because I don't even have their email addresses AND because I do understand permission marketing.

But I would like to track the communications I do send and what responses I get. I'm wondering if the CRM can be set up to accommodate that as well. And if I need to say "true" just to get by that wall and import them.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Advisor

Hey @MaryC

If you're referring to the final step of importing your contacts, the questions on that screen are to confirm you did not purchase the list, which is against HubSpot's terms of service. 

If you aren't going to be emailing the contacts, then you can import them without issue. HubSpot's all about inbound marketing (so they don't want you importing purchased lists), but if you have a relationship with the contacts you should be all set! 

Hope that helps!

New Contributor

Thanks, @mikamae. This is a list - for direct mail only - that I compiled from totally public sources. I won't have a relationship with most unless they respond. So not purchased, but not already-formed relationships, either. I would like to be able to track responses, however, so that's why I was interested in adding them to my contacts.

This is only one of a few lists I would like to import (the others do have both email and permission). It was just the one formatted already, so I thought I'd start there.

0 Upvotes