Sales Email

ejohnson0832

Can a transactional email be suppressed?

SOLVE

Scenario

1. User has opted-in to receive marketing emails, but the user has not opened, or interacted, with the emails, causing the user to be suppressed due to low engagement
  2. User signs up for a free trial
  3. The free trial has transactional emails associated with the duration of the trial 

Question

I know that transactional emails can be sent to users who have opted out of marketing emails, however, if a user has low engagement and is therefore on the suppression list, would the transactional email not be delivered?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @ejohnson0832,

A transactional email is "ignoring" a contact's subscription status or their double opt-in status. Normal suppression lists will still take effect – which means that HubSpot's graymail feature will, too. It is based on the property Sends since last engagement, works like a regular suppression list and "automatically excludes any contacts who have not been engaging with your marketing emails".

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @ejohnson0832,

A transactional email is "ignoring" a contact's subscription status or their double opt-in status. Normal suppression lists will still take effect – which means that HubSpot's graymail feature will, too. It is based on the property Sends since last engagement, works like a regular suppression list and "automatically excludes any contacts who have not been engaging with your marketing emails".

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.