Sales Email

KHuth

Can I edit an email that is scheduled to be sent at a later time/date?

SOLVE

I sometimes setup an email to be sent at a custom time that is a few hours from now or maybe even on a future day. If I want to change something in the email body (maybe just a few words, spelling/grammar error, etc) can I do that or do I need to delete and redo the entire email?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KHuth,

When you edit a scheduled marketing email, HubSpot will cancel the send, not delete it:

karstenkoehler_0-1619150852453.png

karstenkoehler_1-1619150868451.png

After clicking the Cancel email & edit button, you will end up in the email editor again where you can make the changes and re-schedule the email.

karstenkoehler_2-1619150917489.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
DanielR
Participant

SOLVE

Can i edit a scheduled email that was scheduled from Sales>Deals>Activities>Create Email

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 13.05.06.png

DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @DanielR, I hope you are doing well! 

At the moment it is not possible to edit a Sales email (As the example you mentioned).

With the Send Later feature, compose an email in the CRM and schedule it to send at a later time. Once an email is scheduled, it cannot be edited, only deleted and replaced with a new one email.

More details here.

I hope this clarifies,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

CSears5
Participant

SOLVE

Hello HubSpot development team, 

Being able to click into a sales email drafted for a future send day/time would be incredibly valuable. Today, Iafter I realize I need to make a change, I have to copy the email, delete it, then paste what I had in a new email, make my edits and set up to send. IT WOULD SAVE TIME TO BE ABLE TO EDIT THE EMAIL. 

DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @CSears5

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I completely understand how being able to click into a sales email drafted for a future send day/time would greatly enhance efficiency.

I have come across an idea proposed by another user, and I would like to invite you to vote for it. The more people vote, the higher the chance it has of being reviewed by the product team.

Would love "Edit" option for scheduled emails

Best regards, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Yes @KHuth , you can edit the scheduled email. Once edited, you have to reschedule it.

Hope this helps!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KHuth,

When you edit a scheduled marketing email, HubSpot will cancel the send, not delete it:

karstenkoehler_0-1619150852453.png

karstenkoehler_1-1619150868451.png

After clicking the Cancel email & edit button, you will end up in the email editor again where you can make the changes and re-schedule the email.

karstenkoehler_2-1619150917489.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

FSites

SOLVE

What about for non-marketing emails that are scheduled for a future date? I just scheduled hundreds of emails under the assumption that I could go back and edit them, but I can't find them anywhere. Can you help me find the list of scheduled, non-marketing, emails? Thank you! 

0 Upvotes