Sales Email

nguyennguyen
Participant

Can I connect a personal email that is both Gmail and Outlook to Hubspot?

SOLVE

Hi,

I'm using a personal email that is both Gmail and Outlook (Microsoft Office 2016), for instance, han@company.com

I connected this email to Hubspot with the type of providers as Gmail, it's ok. But now, my sales rep also want to use this email as an Outlook email, I connected this email with the type of providers as Other account and connect via IMAP.

However, when the Outlook email is successfully connected, Gmail was disappeared. So is there any way to connect both Gmail and Outlook for a personal email to Hubspot?

My purpose is that when the sales rep uses Gmail or Outlook, every email they send and receive from contacts will be logged in to Hubspot CRM.

Please advise me!

Thanks

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @nguyennguyen,

Yes, the sales rep needs to select Google / Gmail when when connecting the inbox. (If you do it for them, it will not show up in their account.) All emails sent from HubSpot and most replies will be tracked then. Alternatively, they could install the Outlook desktop add-in.

If your IT has set up the email account in Outlook using POP, emails are downloaded to Outlook and then deleted from the server. The sales rep can not access them anymore through Gmail. The difference between POP and IMAP is explained here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/what-are-imap-and-pop-ca2c5799-49f9-4079-aefe-ddca85d5b1c...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

nguyennguyen
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler 

Thank you for your great support. I got this

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @nguyennguyen,

Yes, the sales rep needs to select Google / Gmail when when connecting the inbox. (If you do it for them, it will not show up in their account.) All emails sent from HubSpot and most replies will be tracked then. Alternatively, they could install the Outlook desktop add-in.

If your IT has set up the email account in Outlook using POP, emails are downloaded to Outlook and then deleted from the server. The sales rep can not access them anymore through Gmail. The difference between POP and IMAP is explained here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/what-are-imap-and-pop-ca2c5799-49f9-4079-aefe-ddca85d5b1c...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

nguyennguyen
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler 

Thank you for your great support. I got this

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @nguyennguyen,

You don't need to connect the inbox in HubSpot twice. It's referencing one and the same email account. Gmail and Outlook are email clients. An email account can be access through multiple email clients at once. (For example, if you have a Gmail account, you can access it through a PC web browser, an iPhone app etc.)

It sounds like your email service provider is Google, you can double-check with MX Toolbox, explained here.

Regardless of this newly established connection in HubSpot, you can set up email access with Gmail (with the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension) or Outlook (with the Outlook desktop add-in). If your email service provider is Google (see the MX Toolbox check above) and all emails appear in Gmail already, then your sales rep can add the Gmail address to their Outlook following these steps. Both Gmail and Outlook would then show all emails. If it's the other way around and the email service provider is Microsoft Office, all emails appear in Outlook, then they can add the Microsoft Office address to their Gmail by following the steps outlined here.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
nguyennguyen
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler 

Thank you for your support. I just used MX Toolbox to check my email account, it showed that the email service provider is Google. It seems that my IT add that email to Outlook via POP.

So what I need to do is to connect this email as Gmail in Hubspot, right? And then, no matter the sales rep use Gmail or Outlook, all emails will be logged in Hubspot if the first email initiate from Hubspot

0 Upvotes