Sales Email

zgall1
Membre

Can HubSpot log emails sent outside of the application?

Résolue

I have created a free HubSpot CRM account and connected it with my G Suite account. I then sent an email using my regular email client to one of my HubSpot contacts. The email was not associated with the contact within HubSpot. I thought that all emails sent through a connected account would be logged in in HubSpot, regardless of their origin. Was I simply incorrect in how I understood HubSpot to work?

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
ThreadsHelp2018
Solution
Contributeur de premier rang

Résolue

Hi @zgall1

If you are using a desktop email client, we have built an integration that enables both sent and recevied emails to log automatically within HubSpot. We can also import any historic email so that your CRM is completley up to date. Drop me an email at threads@jpy.com if you'd like to try this out.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
6 Réponses
Josh
Expert reconnu | Partenaire solutions Platinum

Résolue

Hi @zgall1,

Simply connecting Gmail to HubSpot won't necessarily log all emails. You should see options to "Log" or "Track" emails that are being sent. If the log box isn't checked, it won't log that email.

If you are still having issues, ping me and I'll be happy to help you troubleshoot.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Votes
Josh

Résolue

Hi @zgall1,

You must have the extension as well. Once that is installed, on the top right of your email you should see the HubSpot icon. Click that and choose extension settings. This will allow you to choose whether they log by default or not. If you choose not to log by default, you will see 2 checkboxes (log and track) when you create a new email.

Gmail-Extension-Settings.JPG

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

0 Votes
zgall1
Membre

Résolue

So I can only track and log emails sent through the web interface? In other words, I can't use a desktop email client?

0 Votes
ThreadsHelp2018
Solution
Contributeur de premier rang

Résolue

Hi @zgall1

If you are using a desktop email client, we have built an integration that enables both sent and recevied emails to log automatically within HubSpot. We can also import any historic email so that your CRM is completley up to date. Drop me an email at threads@jpy.com if you'd like to try this out.

0 Votes
Josh

Résolue

If you use the Desktop email client, you would want to use the extension for that. The only other one available (that I know of) is Outlook.

Same idea though.

Josh Curcio

0 Votes
zgall1
Membre

Résolue

I can't find that setting. Can you be a bit more specific as to where I should look?

0 Votes