Sales Email

KaloYankulov
Participant

Best way to log in email activity in the CRM

Résolue

Hi guys,

New Sales Hub user here. 

I'm currently trying to figure out what is the best way to log in contact's email activity in the CRM. Basically, my goal is to have a cohesive view of all email conversations tied to a particular contact.

We have the following setup:

- We send marketing emails from an external platform

- We send manual (sales) emails from Gmail

- We receive responses to our marketing emails

- We receive responses to our manual emails

I've connected my personal Gmail account and will also use the Chrome extension. I see that the responses I personally send using the Chrome extension are logged in. However, responses that are sent from contacts are not logged in - for example, when a contact responds to one of our marketing emails.

Do I understand correctly that I need to use the HubSpot BCC email (e.g., 123@bcc.hubspot.com) in all email communication that I want to log in? So for example, when I send a marketing email using an external tool I need to BCC the HubSpot email?

Thank you for your advice. 

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @KaloYankulov,

Either this email address would have to be connected as a conversations inbox in HubSpot, replies to marketing email should then be logged. However, this is not possible if the email address is already in use as a personally connected inbox.

Or you would have to set up some sort of filter / rule within your personal inbox (e.g. Gmail rules, Outlook auto forwarding) to automatically send incoming replies to marketing emails to the HubSpot forwarding email address: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-email-in-your-crm-with-the-bcc-or-forwarding-address#use-...

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
7 Réponses
CMcBride6
Membre

Résolue

So, let me ask another newbie question here...I set up the HubSpot Sales plugin for Outlook and now find all my emails logged to Hubspot...and I think that means they are visiable to other people in our organization.  So- if I email a prospective hire a salary offer...I don't want that logged in HubSpot.  Any thoughts or best practices here?

0 Votes
DianaGomez
Gestionnaire de communauté
Gestionnaire de communauté

Résolue

Hi @CMcBride6, hope you are doing well. 

Here is an option you can use : Go Into the extension and uncheck log and track by default. This means that you will still have access to information from HubSpot in Outlook, but when sending emails, unless you select the checkboxes "Log" and "Track" on before sending it won't be done automatically.

Uncheck log and track by default with these steps here.

To access the extension/plugin settings:

1) In the Outlook, click HubSpot Sales at the top and select Settings. A dialog box will appear with a list of settings you can configure.

2) Uncheck log and uncheck track.

Hope this helps,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Votes
karstenkoehler

Résolue

Hi @KaloYankulov,

Replies to marketing emails can be tracked by following these steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/track-replies-to-marketing-emails-sent-from-your-connected-inbox

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

KaloYankulov
Participant

Résolue

Hi @karstenkoehler 

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure this applies to our case. We do not send marketing emails through HubSpot. We use an external marketing email tool.

In that tool, the marketing emails are sent from my personal connected email (kalo@encharge.io) - but when someone replies to the emails the respond is not logged in in HubSpot.

0 Votes
karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @KaloYankulov,

Either this email address would have to be connected as a conversations inbox in HubSpot, replies to marketing email should then be logged. However, this is not possible if the email address is already in use as a personally connected inbox.

Or you would have to set up some sort of filter / rule within your personal inbox (e.g. Gmail rules, Outlook auto forwarding) to automatically send incoming replies to marketing emails to the HubSpot forwarding email address: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-email-in-your-crm-with-the-bcc-or-forwarding-address#use-...

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Votes
KaloYankulov
Participant

Résolue

Got it, that makes sense.

But I stumbled upon the forwarding confirmation issue in Gmail. Gmail requires a confirmation code that is sent to the HubSpot forwarding email which I'm not able to retrieve. Looked a few other topics in the community and there isn't a clear solution.

I do not see the confirmation email in the Conversations.

0 Votes
karstenkoehler

Résolue

Hi @KaloYankulov,

You're right, I hadn't thought of that. The forwarding email address itself does not have an inbox and can't be confirmed.

The conversations inbox option is then the only route, unfortunately, but would prevent you from using your personal inbox for one-to-one emails.

Alternatively, you could send your marketing emails from an alias which in turn you connect as a converations inbox?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Votes