Sales Email

IRayner
投稿者

Basic functionality missing

解決

HubSpot is a CRM platform. The R stands for relationship. The primary mode of communication between organizations today is still email.

When a contact sends me an email, I would expect a CRM to log that email and include it in the contact's relationship timeline.

All that is required to complete this relatively simple task is for the CRM to include a basic IMAP email client. It can then happily coexist with all the other methods I have available to interact with my email servers: my desktop client (Thunderbird), my tablet client, my smartphone, or my browser. The flow of information is up or down with the master copy being on the server, and every client being able to sync.

Why is it then, that in order for HubSpot to log emails I have to futz around the bcc:'ing and forwarding emails? If I need to send an email from my phone, I have to bcc: HubSpot. If a contact sends me an unsolicited email, and I pick it up on my desktop, I have to forward it to HubSpot.

This seems absurd. Is there any possibility that this situation could be fixed. I mean it's just an email client for gods sake! Are there any workarounds for this?

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @IRayner,

HubSpot's email tracking is focused on replies, that's correct. (This knowledgebase post summarizes under which conditions these replies are logged.)

For all email not fulfilling the criteria for reply tracking, the BCC and forward email address are indeed the best option. If you want every single email in your email clients logged, you would install the HubSpot Sales extensions. This would still not log the incoming email but your reply to it.

Some email clients let you automatically BCC the same address in all emails or let you set up filters (Gmail). That could be an option for incoming emails that are not a reply.

I agree that this could be more straightforward but I assume that data privacy regulation is dictating how powerful the email integration can be. As a recipient, you don't have the legal basis to process personal data for each sender. That could be the reason.

If you want this to be reviewed by the HubSpot product team, you could post it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The team will check these based on popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
1件の返信
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @IRayner,

HubSpot's email tracking is focused on replies, that's correct. (This knowledgebase post summarizes under which conditions these replies are logged.)

For all email not fulfilling the criteria for reply tracking, the BCC and forward email address are indeed the best option. If you want every single email in your email clients logged, you would install the HubSpot Sales extensions. This would still not log the incoming email but your reply to it.

Some email clients let you automatically BCC the same address in all emails or let you set up filters (Gmail). That could be an option for incoming emails that are not a reply.

I agree that this could be more straightforward but I assume that data privacy regulation is dictating how powerful the email integration can be. As a recipient, you don't have the legal basis to process personal data for each sender. That could be the reason.

If you want this to be reviewed by the HubSpot product team, you could post it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The team will check these based on popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 いいね!