Sales Email

edutechno
Participant

BCC to log email in HUbspot CRM is not working

SOLVE

I try to use the feature where I can log emails to my CRM.

I use the bcc field to enter the email address related to my account. I'm using SendGrid and I know the email is sent correctly to that address.

Unfortunately, it does not work. When I go to the contact in my CRM, I never see any email logged into it.

Am I missing something?

bcc.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @edutechno, I would reccommend reviewing this Knowledge Base Article How to setup Log in CRM to crosscheck your set up. 

Here are a few things to check/note:

- The minimum required User Role is Sales User.
- The email address that you are sending from must match the email address of a user in your HubSpot portal. This prevents someone outside your company, maliciously spamming the BCC address.
- HubSpot won't log emails that you send to co-workers based on email domain.
- HubSpot will create a contact when you email someone who doesn't yet exist in your CRM.

- Please note: if you manually use the BCC address in an email client without tracking, this will simply log the email on a contact record in your CRM. This will not allow you to track opens or clicks on your emails.

Let me know if, after reading this article, you're still having issue with logging. 

Best,

View solution in original post

34 Replies 34
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @edutechno, I would reccommend reviewing this Knowledge Base Article How to setup Log in CRM to crosscheck your set up. 

Here are a few things to check/note:

- The minimum required User Role is Sales User.
- The email address that you are sending from must match the email address of a user in your HubSpot portal. This prevents someone outside your company, maliciously spamming the BCC address.
- HubSpot won't log emails that you send to co-workers based on email domain.
- HubSpot will create a contact when you email someone who doesn't yet exist in your CRM.

- Please note: if you manually use the BCC address in an email client without tracking, this will simply log the email on a contact record in your CRM. This will not allow you to track opens or clicks on your emails.

Let me know if, after reading this article, you're still having issue with logging. 

Best,

Jenefa

SOLVE

I am running to an issue where when i send email from gmail client it is logged on the contact but when we automate the email send from netsuite, which is also sending from the same user address(as in gmail) the email does not seem to be logged.

the from address shows user email via system@sent-via.netsuite.com,  Does this mean the system email needs to be set in hubspot as user?

0 Upvotes
robbin_g
Participant

SOLVE

Hello,

I'd like some clarification, please. 

[snip]

- Please note: if you manually use the BCC address in an email client without tracking, this will simply log the email on a contact record in your CRM. This will not allow you to track opens or clicks on your emails.

[snip]

So using any external email client and the BCC field means an email will never be tracked? (I use Spark). I've set up all emails to automatically BCC but I'd like the tracking feature. Maybe I'm missing a setting?

I really hate using webmail clients!

Thank you.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
eladlevy

SOLVE

I'm facing the same issue

We use Sendgrid to send out transactional emails and wanted these to log into our HS account using the BCC address.

We're sending these email to contacts outside our domain, on behalf of my email (which is in HS of course).

These emails aren't logged in any way 😞

Any idea how to resolve this?

robbin_g
Participant

SOLVE

My emails get logged, but I would like them tracked as well.

0 Upvotes
HelenSchafer
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Ro, this is my issue but until recently it used to work perfectly - I don't know what has changed.   I've also notice that now I seem to be unable to export anything - it used to happen pretty much instantly as I only have a small database.  I'm thinking there is an issue with my email.  I have tried to whitelist but the items on the menu described in the help article don't appear for me.   I'm wondering if if's because I'm on the free version.  Under Marketing / Email (in settings) there is no "More Tools".    Cheers, Helen.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @HelenSchafer,

If you can provide some additional information in regards to what specifically is occuring for you (is your bcc not working at all), as well as what functionality you are expecting for the export feature vs. what is happening, that would be great!

The more information, details and screenshots you can provide, the better the Community can assist.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
HelenSchafer
Participant

SOLVE

Settings screen shot.PNGHere's what I'm seeing in Settings

0 Upvotes
HelenSchafer
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Jenny.   I just did another test.  When I exported my whole contacts file (around 1600) to my husband's email  gerard.prendergast@fifocapital.co.nz  it did what I expected.   I got a message to say that the export was being prepared, and then within about 5 seconds another message popped up with a link to download the file.   My husband received the email as well.  I then did another export of a saved filter with only about 150 contacts bu with my own email  helen@livingbusiness.co.nz.  I received the notificaiton that the file was being prepared but then no confirmation with link, and no email in my inbox.   I also tried my personal email  helenschafer63@gmail.com and same issue.

Re the bcc I used to routinely manually BCC in my hubspot address  1764242@bcc.hubspot.com   and it would appear to the relevant contact in Hubspot within seconds.  Something has happened and now when I do this same manual process, nothing linked into the contact even when I check a lot later.   I don't have my email account connected and I'm happy doing it manually. 

As mentioned, when I went into the settings to WhiteList my email, there was no Other Tools Tab in the settings.  

Cheers, and thank you for listening.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @HelenSchafer,

What user are you logged in as when these issues are occuring? Additionally, what email address are you sending the emails from when you are bcc'ing them? I noticed your helen@livingbusiness.co.nz email is associated with two portals, so I would recommend confirming your bcc'ing the proper portal/that your extension is associated with your inbox.

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
HelenSchafer
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Jenny.  I have just tested again, and I am getting the notification in Hubspot - when I click on the Notification Bell (top right), but no message in Hubspot, and no email in my email inbox.   I can download the file from the notification so horrah for that.  I am going to check with IT to confirm that the hubspot emails have not been blacklisted for some reason.

0 Upvotes
HelenSchafer
Participant

SOLVE

Oops. This is about the export issue, which is not the emailing in issue, but perhaps it's the same problem as it's about me not getting the email notification to my email. Even though the export does actually happen and I can find it in notifications.

0 Upvotes
HelenSchafer
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Jenny.   I actually deleted the second account 4539656 completely before retesting - that one was initiated but never used.   I am emailing from  helen@livingbusiness.co.nz. 

I only ever was logged in to hubspot as helen@livingbusiness.co.nz - I don't have another log-in.  I would always be in the Living Business account 1764212.   The bcc email comes up automatically in my outlook with the 1764212 and I have never BCC'd or forwarded anything to the other one 4539656 which I have now deleted anyway.  It did used to work every time....

It is still a mystery unfortunately. 

0 Upvotes
pnkw

SOLVE

Hey, we are using the bcc hubspot email in transactional emails (that are sent out by a user email that is registered in hubspot); it always worked until we switched the email-address from which the emails are sent out.

would highly appreciate help on this. thank you!

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @pnkw make sure that you have your inbox connected to the CRM now that you're using a new email: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/getting-started-with-the-hubspot-crm-free/how-to-connect-your-inbox-wi...

0 Upvotes
AndrewATP
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

I'm trying to get to my BCC address but when I open Settings/sales/email integrations/hubspot extensions, I just get 3 floating balls.  I let this go for some time but it seems to have just hung.  Tried loing in and out and have deleted connectors and re loaded to no effect.  Email connection is working though.  Any pointers would be appreciated.

Andy

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @biancaYDL, are you still experiencing issues? I would definitely recommend reconnecting any accounts where you're noticing an issue. If you get any error messages, notice any thing not working, or see failed emails, could you please upload some screenshots?

@beckyschaen what specifically is not working for the user in your case? Screenshots may be helpful here too! 

@AndrewATP are you still experiencing this issue? Have you tried in other browsers, or by clearing your cache? 

AndrewATP
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,  this issue is no longer affecting my email connectivity.  Not sure how you guys did it but I can now access my BCC address and emails are being synched between my O365 account and HS contact email.  Thanks for your help and for doing whatever you did!  Andy.

biancaYDL
Participant

SOLVE

This has been fixed. It didn't track my emails for a while but now works again.

We still have the problem that we don't have our emails on gmail our outlook but we have an external server. Therefore I can't connect most features.

If that ever gets fixed ( since it used to work) I'm more than happy to try the premium version again

edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @biancaYDL  We've integrated IMAP/SMTP integration into the Sales extension, so you should be able to connect your inbox. Click here to find out how to connect your inbox via IMAP

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution