Sales Email

edutechno
Participant

BCC to log email in HUbspot CRM is not working

SOLVE

I try to use the feature where I can log emails to my CRM.

I use the bcc field to enter the email address related to my account. I'm using SendGrid and I know the email is sent correctly to that address.

Unfortunately, it does not work. When I go to the contact in my CRM, I never see any email logged into it.

Am I missing something?

bcc.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @edutechno, I would reccommend reviewing this Knowledge Base Article How to setup Log in CRM to crosscheck your set up. 

Here are a few things to check/note:

- The minimum required User Role is Sales User.
- The email address that you are sending from must match the email address of a user in your HubSpot portal. This prevents someone outside your company, maliciously spamming the BCC address.
- HubSpot won't log emails that you send to co-workers based on email domain.
- HubSpot will create a contact when you email someone who doesn't yet exist in your CRM.

- Please note: if you manually use the BCC address in an email client without tracking, this will simply log the email on a contact record in your CRM. This will not allow you to track opens or clicks on your emails.

Let me know if, after reading this article, you're still having issue with logging. 

Best,

View solution in original post

34 Replies 34
AndyJamo
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

I'm not able to see emails that are BCC'd from my emails to contacts within Hubspot. 

I've followed the steps listed above to check that all my settings are as necessary. 

Note: emails are recording when I forward them into hubspot, but not on the BCC. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @AndyJamo this can happen if one of the following occurs:

1. If the email address sending the email doesn't match a user from the portal ID.
2. If the email is sent to a colleague email address which has the same email sending domain.
3. If a forwarded email is missing the forwarding information.

4. HubSpot's system looks at the block of text that is automatically added by your email client when you select the forward button, which usually looks something like this:

Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 10.16.02.png

...The message text block must be present at the top of the email and in English.

Let me knwo if you are still having trouble

0 Upvotes
AndyJamo
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

Thanks @roisinkirby. However, all four requirements are being met. It is strange. When i forward an email manually to Hubspot it appears. However, when I use the BCC function they don't seem to be appearing. 

I've just tried changing from the customised BCC address ******@bcc.hubspot.com back to the accountnumber@bcc.hubspot.com.

Any thoughts on what else to try?

CB-Barry
Participant

SOLVE

Having exactly the same issue but from EmailJS via Amazon SES

Is it possible that something additional is expected in the Email headers  @roisinkirby ? Does hubspot filter out mailer services such as Amazon SES for example so only client agents genrated emails are accepted ?

Thanks

Barry

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @CB-Barry could you clarify what you mean when you say 'via' Amazon SES?

0 Upvotes
Robin

SOLVE

Yes, tried Sparkpost as email vendor for all outgoing emails as well. Looks like Hubspot having issues catching them.

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @Robin @CB-Barry the BCC log is supported in Microsoft Outlook and Gmail only. 

For custom integrations and APIs using either HubSpot's CRM or form tools, you will need to refer to our developer documentation. Support can be found also on our Developer Forum here.

CB-Barry
Participant

SOLVE

@Robin and anyone else with this issue - you can get contacts into Hubspot by using Collected Forms from the Free Marketing tier tools and drop in the code snippets. I now have form submissions creating contacts and going upto Email.js

Now looking at taking Email.js out of the equation actually since Hubspot now seems to do just about everything I need!

0 Upvotes
biancaYDL
Participant

SOLVE

HI,

I am using outlook 365 and the bcc used to work. However it stopped working within the last month and I havent changed anything. I readded my email account, deleted everything tried it again. Nothing gets tracked.

Is there any way to fix this?

WIthin the last month I feel like all important features broke down.

I would love to buy the premium account but with an external server I cant use anything anymore...

Help?

0 Upvotes
beckyschaen
Participant

SOLVE

One of my users is having this same issue. It's working for everyone else, just not her. We noticed hers stopped working on Monday.

0 Upvotes
CB-Barry
Participant

SOLVE

Hi

Yes - It is a mail service which we are using to send out emails in response to a form being filled out on our website. EmailJS is the service we are using to recieve the form post data and generate the emails which Amazon SES then does th at actual sending of.

The flow I am trying to get working is:

Website Form -> EmailJS (adds Hubspt Sales BCC) -> Anazon SES ->New Contact in Hubspot Sales.

It could be EmailJS mangling the fields but they looked OK. Would be good to know if the above should work in principle from Hubspots's point of view before I dig any deeper into why it is not all joining up.

Thanks

Barry

0 Upvotes
Robin

SOLVE

Might be related, also using SES via Zapier SMTP. Not working either. 

0 Upvotes
RogueSpec
Participant

SOLVE

This was helpful, thanks. My issue is that I need to send some emails from the info@company email address and even though it's the same domain as my email address, the bcc won't work. Is there any way to get around this?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Is this info@ email address set up in your CRM account? By this I mean, is there a User Profile in your CRM set up on this email address? This is necessary for the forwarding to work. 

0 Upvotes