Sales Email

SabErne

BCC email not tracked in HubSpot

SOLVE

Hi,

I've sent an invitation to contacts via Gmail. All the contacts were in Bcc. Track and Log options were activated when I sent the email.

Unfortunaltey the email has not been tracked in any of the HubSpot profiles.

I then tried with my personal email and sent me an email in Bcc with track and log options active. Again, email sent to myself in Bcc was not logged in my Hubspot profile. I tried to send me an email in Cc, it was logged but not tracked (despite I opened it).

I've checked and as said in some answers, de-activated other Chrome plug-in, I think my HubSpot plug-in is up to date as I downloaded 2 weeks ago.

Does anyone has a solution avoiding me to copy-paste to all the contacts the sent email?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Sabrina 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @SabErne   The Chrome extension tools are designed to facilitate 1:1 discussions between you are your sales prospects.  As such, the extension allows for the Logging and Tracking of an individual email sent to one person only. Any contacts included in the CC/BCC fields will not be logged or tracked (likewise, multiple contacts in the To: field will also not be tracked). 

In this case you will not be able to avoid sending individual emails. You can however set up the email as a template to avoid mutiple copy-and-paste clicks, but you will still need to send messages inidvidually. You can also use a marketing email application to send out the message as a marketing blast.   

Hope this helps,

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
11 Replies 11
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @SabErne   The Chrome extension tools are designed to facilitate 1:1 discussions between you are your sales prospects.  As such, the extension allows for the Logging and Tracking of an individual email sent to one person only. Any contacts included in the CC/BCC fields will not be logged or tracked (likewise, multiple contacts in the To: field will also not be tracked). 

In this case you will not be able to avoid sending individual emails. You can however set up the email as a template to avoid mutiple copy-and-paste clicks, but you will still need to send messages inidvidually. You can also use a marketing email application to send out the message as a marketing blast.   

Hope this helps,

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
TSmith235

SOLVE

Hi Ed,

Do you know if all emails are tracked in Hubspot, if a Bcc is attached.  In particular, if I use the Bcc email associated with my hubspot account, from my personal email or another company email, will it still automatically track this for me in my hupspot and/or salesforce account?  The recipients are not currently in hubpsot or salesforce, so not sure if that makes a difference?

Thanks,

TS

0 Upvotes
kaushals
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @edjusten so to clarify, the extension does *not* track multiple recipients? I.e., it won't tell us 'per recipient tracking'?

We often have to send emails to 2 or even 3 decision makers, so even if we're speaking with 1 person from a business, the 2nd or 3rd one actually is the one who decides & we need to engage with person 1 only when person 3 actually opens the email..

So, our email is often: 
To: <person1@company.com>,<person2@company.com>,<person3@company.com>

cc: <br_internalTeam@br.in>

In this case -- what would be tracked (I'm hoping each open by each recipient?)

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @kaushals,

Because there is only one tracking pixel per email, the same pixel will be triggered whenever anyone who receives the email opens it. So while all of the opens will be tracked, the specifics of who opened the email will not be.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
elise1
Contributor

SOLVE

If we email to one contact with others in CC or BCC, will we at least still be able to log and track who we sent the email to?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @elise1,

Because email tracking is associated with the tracking pixel, there is no way to specify which recipient you want the tracking associated with. Tracking will be triggered for all users cc'd and bcc'd on the email.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
elise1
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you for getting back to me @jennysowyrda.

So is that when we receive the notification "Someone" opened your email? Are we unable to identify whether it was who sent it to or if it was someone on cc or bcc? This is really unhelpful as other people have explained, it is commonplace to have to cc multiple people on emails. It would be great to either track each person individually or at least be able to monitor the person the email was sent directly to. The "someone" notifications are unclear and makes the email tracking redundant.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @elise1,

Correct, the someone notifications will be when multiple people are sent the same tracked email. 

For more information regarding this matter, I wanted to share this resource.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
elise1
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you @jennysowyrda 

This is really annoying for us. I understand the way the tracking link works but even if we could just monitor the person it was sent "To" and ignore the others, that would be helpful. "Someone" notifications mean very little and as others have said, we have to cc people at times. Is there any way the tech team could review this?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @elise1,

It is currently expected that when sending an email to multiple contacts this will cause for a someone notification, if you want to receive specific email notifications, I would recommend sending tracked emails to one contact at a time. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
SabErne

SOLVE

Hi Ed,

Thank you very much for your answer, it helps a lot.

Kind regards,

Sabrina

0 Upvotes