Sales Email

DDavison
Participant

Automatically create deal when client replies to sequence

SOLVE

Hi - we are trying to find a way to automatically create a deal on our pipeline once some said they were interested in the sequence. Is there any way this can be done?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DDavison,

New deals can be created in workflows but unfortunately workflows don't pick up information about how someone is interacting with a sequence. (In fact, there isn't any tool in the Marketing Hub that does.) The only available contact property is Now in sequence which can be true or false – not of much help here.

If you want to automatically create deals for these contacts, you'd have to encourage them to interact in another way, for example clicking on a link. If they've accepted the website cookies, you could then enroll the contacts based on the visit of a specific page and automatically create the deal record. (If they haven't accepted website cookies, you wouldn't be able to track the link interaction and they wouldn't be enrolled.)

In general, I think this kind of automation is risky. If someone is signaling interest in any other way than the ones that you've defined, their interest would potentially be ignored.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DDavison,

New deals can be created in workflows but unfortunately workflows don't pick up information about how someone is interacting with a sequence. (In fact, there isn't any tool in the Marketing Hub that does.) The only available contact property is Now in sequence which can be true or false – not of much help here.

If you want to automatically create deals for these contacts, you'd have to encourage them to interact in another way, for example clicking on a link. If they've accepted the website cookies, you could then enroll the contacts based on the visit of a specific page and automatically create the deal record. (If they haven't accepted website cookies, you wouldn't be able to track the link interaction and they wouldn't be enrolled.)

In general, I think this kind of automation is risky. If someone is signaling interest in any other way than the ones that you've defined, their interest would potentially be ignored.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

NateS
Participant

SOLVE

I was also interested in the automation the OP requested. If I have a contact enrolled in a sales sequence and they respond to my email, our COO wants to trigger a new Deal classfied as a "Warm Lead." Based on your response, am I to understand that this is not possible?

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @NateS,

Thanks for reaching out!

If I'm understanding properly, you are looking to see if it's possible to create a deal based on a sequence reply correct? 

If so, I can confirm that is currently not possible at the moment. That being said though, I did want to refer you to this thread with a workflow workaround that you could add the Create a Deal action.

All the best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
NateS
Participant

SOLVE

We've defined an "opportunity" as someone who is engaged in a buying conversation (further defined as two email responses). I see "Deal Creation" as a record creation in HubSpot. I created the workflow below. If this won't work, can you explain why?

NateS_0-1659034294434.png

0 Upvotes