Sales Email

ejohnson0832

Are transactional emails factored into graymail label?

Article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/what-is-graymail-and-how-can-i-avoid-sending-my-email-to-unengag...

The first part says, "In the Recipients tab of your marketing emails, select the Don't send to unengaged contacts checkbox to automatically exclude contacts who aren't interacting with your marketing emails."

I want to confirm that transactional emails are not included in the graymail calculation. 

For instance, if I send 15 marketing emails and none are opened, then the user would be placed on a suppression list due to low engagement. 

If a user is interacting with a product over the course of a trial and I send 15 transactional emails and none are opened, then would the user be placed on a suppression list? 

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are transactional emails factored into graymail label?

Hi @ejohnson0832 

Thank you for reaching out.

Non-opens of transactional emails do not count towards the unengaged user count. Transactional emails are considered separate from marketing emails, and that "unengaged" status is only in relation to engagement with marketing emails. 

Thank you,

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes