Sales Email

Bernardamus
Contributor

Analyze results of edited templates

Hello, 

I wonder what happens when I select a Template and then I edit/modify substantially the original text before sending it. 

Is the system associating the data (open rate, click rate, etc) to that template anyhow? 

What if I create a very generic template with a simple text  "Hello [first name],  "  and I use that for a variety of different mails, is that a way to get aggregated results of very generic emails?  

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Bernardamus ,

Are you referring to Markerting email templates? If so, you can view the open rates, click rates etc in each email's performance page. After sending out the email, you will want to go [Marketing > Emails > Click one of the email]

Here's a knowledge base article for your reference!

0 Upvotes
Bernardamus
Contributor

I was referring to Templates used in Sales emails (1-to-1) 

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the clarification @Bernardamus !

For Sales templates, there's no feature that shows you open rate or click rate per each template. Instead, if the recipient opens or clicks the email, you can view that data in each contact record like this:

Brad_Pitt.png

0 Upvotes
Bernardamus
Contributor

If you go to Reports you can get insights of open/click/reply by Template (these are templates used in Sales mails) .

My question is , if I create a Template that is almsot empty   ( "Hello .... ,  ...."  ) , then I use it to send emails of all kind, will that template still track statistics even if I customize the final email sent?  Probably I'll just run a test to discover it... easier! 

Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 18.28.45.png

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Bernardamus ,

Thanks for further explanation! I understand that you're referring to "Sales Content Analytics-Templates".

I did a test in my portal and saw the following result:

1. Created a new template
  2. Sent an email without any modification
  3. Sent an email with a line of text added
  4. Both of these sends were captured in my test 

Therefore, I believe manual alters to the template should still count towards the number of sends, opens and clicks captured in the Sales Content Analytics report.

Please let me know if you see different result from your test!

0 Upvotes