Sales Email

Alex_Bjerkvik
Participant

Active list of "Lost" deals that include all contacts in company?

SOLVE

I made an active list of deals in the sales pipeline that were "Lost". The plan is to contact these people later when our company has some ground-breaking news.

Anyway, the issue is that this active list only include the contact associated with the company we lost. Is it possible to make an active list that include all contacts related to the company we lost?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

SHi @Alex_Bjerkvik,

It sounds like you created a contact-based list. Very likely you're filtering for contacts associated to lost deals? Could you share the criteria of your list?

Generally, here's how you would approach this:

1. Create a company list of all companies that are associated with lost deals.
  2. Create a custom company checkbox property "Associated to lost deal".
  3. Bulk edit the companies on the list to check the box of this newly created property.
  4. Create a contact list of all contacts associated to companies where this box is checked.

It's unfortunately not possible to create a contact-based list that filters for companies which are associated to deals matching certain criteria. Hence the middle step outlined above.

This is of course assuming that you have correctly associated the company to each deal and that the contacts are associated correctly with the companies.

If you have a Professional portal, you could follow the same logic and build an automation (workflow) to do this on a recurring basis.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

That matches what I had expected, @Alex_Bjerkvik. Thanks for sharing. The second filter is redundant; the first one already specifies the pipeline 🙂

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

SHi @Alex_Bjerkvik,

It sounds like you created a contact-based list. Very likely you're filtering for contacts associated to lost deals? Could you share the criteria of your list?

Generally, here's how you would approach this:

1. Create a company list of all companies that are associated with lost deals.
  2. Create a custom company checkbox property "Associated to lost deal".
  3. Bulk edit the companies on the list to check the box of this newly created property.
  4. Create a contact list of all contacts associated to companies where this box is checked.

It's unfortunately not possible to create a contact-based list that filters for companies which are associated to deals matching certain criteria. Hence the middle step outlined above.

This is of course assuming that you have correctly associated the company to each deal and that the contacts are associated correctly with the companies.

If you have a Professional portal, you could follow the same logic and build an automation (workflow) to do this on a recurring basis.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

Alex_Bjerkvik
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for your reply, I will do what you suggested on Monday👍 Below are the filters I used. I am a HubSpot Novice, but an eager student😊

Alex_Bjerkvik_0-1673611176138.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

That matches what I had expected, @Alex_Bjerkvik. Thanks for sharing. The second filter is redundant; the first one already specifies the pipeline 🙂

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
Alex_Bjerkvik
Participant

SOLVE

Your solution worked! Thanks allot Karsten Köhler 😄

0 Upvotes