SEO

rsheldon
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

SEO goal-setting and reporting

Reporting tells the story of what happened on your website to influence what you're going to do next. This all depends on your goals. Start by setting SMART goals and establishing KPIs for your website.

Once you've determined your goals, work backward.

• How are you going to get there?
  • What strategies are you going to put in place to achieve your goals?

Share your primary SEO goal and the metrics you're going to track to ensure you're on course to meet it.

Here's an example: "We want to increase organic traffic to X page by X% over the next X months. The metrics we will track are organic traffic, SERP position, and search impressions."

Bonus: Share the strategies you're going to implement to reach that goal.

*To learn more about this, check out the SEO Reporting lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

694 Replies 694
Subham31

I want to rank in top 5 positions for a particular group of keywords within a span of 8 months,
For that, I will do the following:
-> Create content(blog posts preferably) more for that keyword ~ using keyword research
-> Optimise the on-page SEO
-> Would create structured data

0 Upvotes
ROyeyele
Participant

My goal is to increase my website traffic by at least 30% over the next 6 months.

0 Upvotes
ZachT

My goal is to increase website traffic by trying to follow the rank 1 featured snippet, and to create a style similar to that in my webpage, including keywords and structure, in order for my website to be displayed in the top of the SERP for users to see and click on.

0 Upvotes
anrsrgh

my goal: increase organic traffic of my website

I will track the backlink and linkbuilding

0 Upvotes
arash_j
Contributor

increase sales by 100% in 12 months. Increase organic traffic to product pages, by ranking on the first page of Google. Strategy to achieve that goal: blog posts with relevant keywords, optimize on-page SEO, backlinks.

LAlbshara

My goal: increase my followers on my makeup page by 30 % over the next 3 months.

The matrics I will track:

1. organic traffic 

2. backlinks 

4. link building

0 Upvotes
AKhalil6
Participant

I will use these training sessions for my website soon

0 Upvotes
HMajor
Contributor

@rsheldon Could someone help figure this out, please?

In Develop Your Strategy for Attracting Visitors course, a 6% increase in site traffic, month over month, was offered as a good target. I'd like to know how to apply this percentage increase to my own situation.

How does HubSpot calculate how many new visitors are needed monthly to reach a projected monthly target when starting from zero visitors?

Ex:

• My target monthly visitor number is 3,000.
  • I'm starting from zero (new site).
  • How many monthly visitors do I need to reach 3,000/mo by Month 12?

(I don't want to divide 3,000 by 12 because it sets unrealistic expectations for Month 1. And it doesn't show the 6% increase in visitors across all 12 months.)

Maybe I made this way too complicated... 😅

0 Upvotes
HMajor
Contributor

@rsheldon @JChampion Can any instructor help answer this, please? The lesson it was from: https://app.hubspot.com/academy/20579265/tracks/54/376/2051

0 Upvotes
SBose1

Good 

0 Upvotes
DGligorovic

I want to increase organic traffic to my websites by 40% over the next 2 months. I am going to achieve this with keywords and phrases.

0 Upvotes
Bappy147

I'll use these metrix to my website soon

0 Upvotes
Wepe

want to increase the organic search results on my site by 76% as well as occupy the top position on various health keywords

0 Upvotes
TMcgahan

I want to increase organic traffic to all of my websites by 10% over the next three months. How I will achieve this is by implementing SERPs, use Keyword research and look over social media traffic. 

0 Upvotes
Dpowers22

To increase organic traffic to our website by 35% over the next 7 months. We will be using google analytics to track organic traffic to our page. Optimize our posts for featured snippets, we will do this by researching what and where our competitors rank on google search results and use google search console to check for ranks on specific keywords.

RKruger

We want to increase organic traffic to the Store by 20% over the next 6 months. We will be tracking organic traffic, SERP position and social media traffic.

0 Upvotes
PKarmalkar

SEO

0 Upvotes
FMatos

A ideia é aumentar o tráfego orgânico em 20% em seis meses. Queremos acompanhar o backlinks, posição SERP e impressões

0 Upvotes
MGuerrero2

Currently, because I am starting my channel from scratch I will need to start with a goal of increasing organic traffic by 20%. I will need to first do a KW planner and do a Google Search Console to see where I am. Currently, the concern is to increase organic traffic because there is limited budgeting for creating traffic for now

0 Upvotes
Chaka1

We want to increase conversions of our organic traffic by 35% within the next 60 days. First, we will need to review the comp, update our keywords along with our current site. We will then track, monitor and r & d with but not limited to: organic traffic, keyword rankings to lineup with future content, clicks & impressions and conversions. 

0 Upvotes
KDanh

I will focus on backlinks and keyword optimizations to increase organic traffic to my site.

0 Upvotes