SEO

rsheldon
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

SEO goal-setting and reporting

Reporting tells the story of what happened on your website to influence what you're going to do next. This all depends on your goals. Start by setting SMART goals and establishing KPIs for your website.

Once you've determined your goals, work backward.

• How are you going to get there?
  • What strategies are you going to put in place to achieve your goals?

Share your primary SEO goal and the metrics you're going to track to ensure you're on course to meet it.

Here's an example: "We want to increase organic traffic to X page by X% over the next X months. The metrics we will track are organic traffic, SERP position, and search impressions."

Bonus: Share the strategies you're going to implement to reach that goal.

*To learn more about this, check out the SEO Reporting lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

706 Replies 706
mwghaffarji
Participant

Increase organic traffic, backlinks and ranking on SERP with an increment of valuable content for users.

0 Upvotes
SDiyali

Increase organic traffic and get good leads by consistently creating blogs.

0 Upvotes
SOkooboh

To increase organic traffic by 30% within the first 3 months. The metrics we will track are organic traffic,SERP position, and search impressions.

Klonetree

Increase organic traffic to our website by 20% and increase orders by 20% within our first 3 months. We will create blog posts and videos, and will track the metrics of organic traffic, SERP position, and search impressions.

0 Upvotes
ashraf072

implement an SEO strategy to acquire healthy backlinks so we can rank among the top page views.

0 Upvotes
JM14
Contributor

Increase organic traffic by 20 % in a month by consistently creating blogs and videos

ALeRoy

We want to increase organic traffic to reframeofmind.com.au by 50% over the next 6 months. The metrics we will track are organic traffic, SERP position for the podcast, and search impressions

0 Upvotes
AmirWagih
Contributor | Gold Partner
Contributor | Gold Partner

We are going to implement an SEO strategy to acquire healthy backlinks so we can rank among the top #3 for our targeted keywords.

ORuth
Participant

I want to increase sales by driving 20% traffic in the next 6 month, create value contents, and create a 6 month plan on optimising my site.

0 Upvotes
Davenaz

To rank high for a specific keyword, to do this I will post a series of the blog post and monitor my page metrics in organic results

0 Upvotes
Elsie-55_
Participant

To increase my page visit by 40%, to achieve this I will optimize the page, make efforts on backlinks.

Metrics to track is organic traffic to the page. 

0 Upvotes
AGonzález24

Seeting a specific goal on how much you want to increase webpage visit is significant. 

0 Upvotes
LungileMazibuko

Goal

Increase monthly page visit by 60% and boost position. 

To achieve this goal

• Optimized the product page using on page SEo best practice.
  • Write a series of blogs tecahing the audience about different types of products.
  • A pillar page on how to find the different types of products.

Metrics to track the detemines

• Organic Traffic on the product pillar page.
  • Bounce Rates
  • Conversions
bertnotbob

My goal is to get at least 2 genuine web development quote enquiries per week within 3 months and increase page views for the website as a whole to at least 100 views per day.

0 Upvotes
KumarM

Our goal is to increase organic traffic to our website by 15% and decrease the bounce rate.

Increase my organic traffic by 60% over the next year. 

To reach goals will use SERP

Increase my organic traffic by 60% over the next year. 

To reach goals i will use SERP

0 Upvotes
GeorgeA
Participant

Increase organic traffic to my blog by 50% over the next 6 months.

Metrics: organic traffic, SERP, search impressions.

0 Upvotes
MFletchall
Participant

Increase organic traffic to blog page by 25% over the next 6 months. The metrics we will track are organic traffic, SERP position, and search impressions.

To reach goals: Optimize traffic to blog page, backlinks, # of search impressions and Pillar page

0 Upvotes
Marie4
Participant

Goals: Increased 10% traffic and leads turns into sales by 3 months

To reach this goal

Optimized the product page using onpage seo

Boost page authority by getting backlinks to celebrity or similar company products

Metrics:

Backlinks

SERP position

bounce rate

conversion

mredprints
Participant

Thats right!

0 Upvotes
SjRossWrites
Contributor

@rsheldon wrote:

Reporting tells the story of what happened on your website to influence what you're going to do next. This all depends on your goals. Start by setting SMART goals and establishing KPIs for your website.

Once you've determined your goals, work backward.

• How are you going to get there?
  • What strategies are you going to put in place to achieve your goals?

Share your primary SEO goal and the metrics you're going to track to ensure you're on course to meet it.

Here's an example: "We want to increase organic traffic to X page by X% over the next X months. The metrics we will track are organic traffic, SERP position, and search impressions."

Bonus: Share the strategies you're going to implement to reach that goal.

*To learn more about this, check out the SEO Reporting lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

My main focus is to increase organic traffic to my Pillar Page for blog posts and increase readership subscription to my site (which is currently free) until I can build enough of a subscription to introduce other products.

I will analyse and point my SEO strategy goals towards improving search ranking, increasing click through rate from search results and monitoring traffic through Google Search console and Google Analytics. I will be specifically monitoring:

1. Org traffic to pillar page

2. How they interact

3. How long they stay (read)

4. Bounce rate

0 Upvotes