SEO

SGibbs
Participant

SEO Success!

My brother decided he wanted me to learn SEO and do my best to get the website on page 1 of google, or more realistically as high as possible, I took the SEO training course on Hubspot, worked hard using all the information I'd gained and 3 weeks later (this morning) we hit page 1 of google with a total spend of £0 admittedly there's not as much competition for window cleaning and cleaning services in terms of high quality websites and their resources to keep working on SEO, but it's still a great achievement, 2 months ago I didn't even know what SEO was!

https://cleaningworx.co.uk/   is our website and google search was, window cleaners in St Albans

I'm wondering how successful others have been, what their experience with the training was, for me it was very simple, lots of reminders and little quizzes to keep the memory going, it's been 30 years since I left school so I did worry for my learning capacity!

I couldn't be any happier.

Shaun Admin for Cleaningworx

4 Replies 4
JonPayne
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SEO Success!

Nice work @SGibbs! I think there's an opportunity to optimise your maps listing too... when people do a localised search, say for window cleaner st albans Google will usually show the maps listing as part of the SERP. 

I really love BrightLocal's blog for info on how to do this sort of thing. This post is a great place to start: https://www.brightlocal.com/learn/local-business-website-optimization-guide/

Good luck mate! 👍

Have you booked your space for Sales Enablement Office Hours - Live Q&A?

Jon Payne - Founder & Technical Director of Noisy Little Monkey
About Jon
SGibbs
Participant

SEO Success!

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely look into this 

0 Upvotes
danmoyle
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner

SEO Success!

Way to go @SGibbs! That's such a great story. 

For me, my early success came when I started building a brand for a mortgage bank early in my career. I ended up with top results in one of the most competitive industries I knew of back then, buying and financing a home. In fact, 10 years later and some of my content still ranks very high for the right keyword topics. And for me the training was a lot like you describe, plus simple trial by fire. The more you do, the more you learn what works and what doesn't work. Keep up the great work! 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

Learning Ops | Impulse Creative

[he/him/his]

239-244-8812 | 269-330-4696
dan@impulsecreative.com
https://impulsecreative.com/
kvonloesecke
Community Manager
Community Manager

SEO Success!

Hi @SGibbs,

Thanks for sharing your SEO success story with us! 

I'll add some top contributors from our community to get this conversation started.

Hey @johnelmer@Sam62@danmoyle@gabriel-nextiny@webdew@JonPayne - What was your SEO learning journey like? Do you have any tips for @SGibbs?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !