SEO

TWolfe
Contributor

Keyword Research

I want my business to be known for helping business owners create solutions and systems that help them run their business more efficiently. 

I have a question on Pillar Pages and the RankBrain Update. 

I don't understand the structure of the Pillar Page concept. Are you saying we have to create a page that lists links to every article on our site around a certain topic and then link each article back to this page? I have visually challenged on what it takes to construct this Pillar Page architecture on my site. 

4 Replies 4
Getseowebsite

Keyword Research

You can read this blog. This blog will help to solve your problem deeply. https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/how-to-do-keyword-research-ht

NicoleSengers
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

Keyword Research

Hi @TWolfe 

The idea of a Pillar Page isn't a list of links but rather a core topic page that covers the topic comprehensively so that as a person reads it (or Google crawls the page) they learn a lot about what the topic covers. The page should then have hyperlinks to the pillar page from the articles. So if you look at the image below, the hyperlinks should actually flow from the sub-topic to the core topic.

topic-clusters-to-organize-your-content-JOHN-NEW.png

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Keyword Research

Hi @TWolfe,

that's an interesting topic! 

I wanted to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any input on this matter:

hi @gabriel-nextiny@mike-ward@NicoleSengers, do you have any tips for @TWolfe?

Thank you! 

Cheers
Mia, Community Team    

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes
TWolfe
Contributor

Keyword Research

Wonderful, thank you!
0 Upvotes