SEO

GeetaL
Contributor

Hola! is brand voice necessary while creating Content?

Hi all! 

I'm excited to be a part of this community! My name is Geeta (she/her) and I'm a content writer from India.

This is my first post and getting warmed up to this platform. 

Could anyone kindly throw some light on this please -

"how much of the brand voice (whether its the creator/company) is considered while writing a generic or niche content? 

Thank you! 

Geeta 

8 Replies 8
ANwakaego
Contributor

Hi Geeta,

I’m Nwaka.

Brand voice is really important when creating any kind of content.

This is because you want to maintain a certain level of ‘mood’ across
board; one that your clients will easily identify and resonate with.

It doesn’t pay the brand for you to be ‘cheeky’ in your social media posts
and then ‘professional’ while writing a blog for same company. There’ll be
concerns from your clients regarding such inconsistency.

For better engagement from clients, find a voice that embodies the brand
you are working on, and stick with it across all platforms.
GeetaL
Contributor

Thank you for responding @ANwakaego ! 

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @GeetaL , welcome to the community and SEO study group, I'm happy you're here!

I like to think of brand voice as how the "person" the company or brand wants to be would communicate. It captures the company culture and values, but also maybe some of the nuances of the individuals that make the company what it is.

In one of my previous roles, the president of the company was very involved in the community and well known locally, so there were expressions and traits of his that I incorporated into some of our social posts and emails to help those messages resonate with the local community more.

If you are writing content for many brands/companies, I think it is even more important to convey the brand voice clearly - you wouldn't want it to sound like "you" wrote it, you want it to sound like the brand did.

This will also help with organizing your portfolio, can you identify the brand voice and capture it in a few words like @kvlschaefer did for Nike? And then can you show how you used that voice in your content?

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

GeetaL
Contributor

Hello @Jnix284 , 

Yes! I am noticing that there were instances wherein my traits were in some ways interfering while creating some my content. And I was wondering, what doesn’t feel so right!

Will keep sharp eyes on my client’s traits like you mentioned! 😊

Yeah, I was reading about NIKE’s journey and got to know how they gradually evolved from primarily design and manufacturing. And then narrowed to marketing.

You threw some interesting question…adding that as an exercise

Thank you for responding!

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Thanks for the tag @kvlschaefer

Welcome @GeetaL😊

I believe brand voice is important to SEO, but not in a direct correlation. In my experience, SEO is influenced by many things. There are technical parts to SEO (which a good tool like HubSpot takes care of many) and then there's the more qualititative aspects of SEO. These aspects are why we create content for humans, not search bots.

Voice matters because it's connected to user experience. A poor UX due to factors like poor writing, lackluster brand voice, or other issues, will lead to higher bounce rates, fewer return trips, and less time on-page. This all adds up and influences SEO triggers with the search engines. 

So to me, an awareness of your brand voice and efforts to write (or create) purposefully are critical to overall SEO success, yes. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
GeetaL
Contributor

Thank you @danmoyle ! This gives me clarity that I needed. And the indirect correlation between SEO article and brand's voice. 

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @GeetaL,

Welcome to the Community and the SEO Study Group! 

Your brand voice defines how your business communicates it's values and image. 

When you think of traits such as resilience and determination, does Nike come to mind? 

A strong brand voice helps you create an identity and a way to differentiate yourself among competition in the SEO space and beyond. Your brand voice helps you reach the right audience who could potentially buy from you in the future. 

I would like to invite our SEO experts to this conversation to see their thoughts as well.

Hi @DavidDennison@Sam62@danmoyle@Jnix284 - Do you think that brand voice is important for SEO efforts? 

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
GeetaL
Contributor

Hello @kvlschaefer,

Nike's marketing journey is quite an interesting one to study and incorporate some of its ideas. Thank you for recommending it, Kristen.