SEO

Nila
Participant

Does the country that you are living in and publishing your post affect your SEO if you blog in Engl

Hi there

Does the country that you are living in and publishing your post affect your SEO if you blog in English? For instance, if I live in turkey, but I publish my whole posts in English, will Google hesitate to show my content to an English audience? 

In other words, Does the publishing source country make it harder to contest with native English bloggers for google's page 1? 

I will be so grateful if someone answers this question.

Thanks in advance for your attention and time 
5 Replies 5
rikkilear
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Does the country that you are living in and publishing your post affect your SEO if you blog in Engl

Hey Nila,

No. The country you publish from makes no difference to your ability to rank.

A few side issues of note:
- Where you host your content can have a minor impact, eg if the website is hosted in Turkey. Not major but worth considering. If you are using HubSpot this isn't a problem.

- The domain name can have an impact. Eg using a local domain name such as .fr if you want to rank in the UK could have an impact.

- Google will judge, to some extent, the quality of the English used.

- Make sure the settings in Google console or your href Lang tags target the country and language you intent to rank for.

----------------------

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Full HubSpot agency: https://www.digital22.com/

Free HubSpot Training: https://www.digital22.com/free-2021-training

Nila
Participant

Thanks a lot for your great answer. I highly appreciate it. 

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you very much for your input @rikkilear !

Nila
Participant

And thank you very much for referring Down to my questions!

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your post @Nila .

@rikkilear and @Daniel_Bleich , would you mind sharing your thoughts on this?