SEO

rsheldon
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Defining your SEO goals

By setting goals and putting numbers to those goals, you'll be able to figure out whether your SEO efforts are actually paying off. Many businesses will simply say, "We want to rank #1 for this keyword," but that isn't quite enough.

Keeping this in mind, what are the goals for your website?

• Do you want to increase organic traffic?
  • Do you want to increase the number of leads from your website?
  • Do you want to design a mobile-friendly website?
  • Or is your goal something completely different?

Share your primary SEO goal in the comments below!

*To learn more about this, check out the SEO Basics lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

4,468 Replies 4,468
JustmeMarie
Contributor

Defining your SEO goals

Luckily for most websites builders like WordPress, Squarespace & Wix-they have options to optimize UI's on mobile too. I would suggest creating the mobile version first because majority of search is done on phone. 😊

0 Upvotes
DnAbR

Defining your SEO goals

My primary SEO goal is to increase leads from my website.

0 Upvotes
MChevrette

Defining your SEO goals

I want to learn how to increase the organic traffic and increase number of leads from website

0 Upvotes
NMajid

Defining your SEO goals

Hi, I lead a software company, Bangla Puzzle Limited. My primary goal is increasing laed for my company. I hope, this course will help me. 

0 Upvotes
FMena4

Defining your SEO goals

I'd like to improve my organic traffic and get noticed by relevant content 

0 Upvotes
DAtuma

Defining your SEO goals

My primary SEO goal is to increase the number of leads from my website

0 Upvotes
KVizcarra3

Defining your SEO goals

We want to incrreace organic traffic and the number of lead from our website. 
We also want to rank higher in bigger ticket items like tub and shower replacements.

0 Upvotes
Pattareeya

Defining your SEO goals

I want to learn how to increase the organic traffic and increase number of leads from website

0 Upvotes
WAbella

Defining your SEO goals

I want to increase the number of leads from your website. 

0 Upvotes
AVillagran

Defining your SEO goals

want to increase organic traffic and the number of leads from my website

0 Upvotes
Aman_15

Defining your SEO goals

I want to increase the number of leads from the website.

0 Upvotes
CMarquez1

Defining your SEO goals

• On my strategic i want reach more organic traffic and convert to leads
0 Upvotes
OAkin-Alabi
Participant

Defining your SEO goals

My goal is to create an SEO framework for my website and build a blog with relevant content to drive organic traffic.

0 Upvotes
Lawi
Participant

Defining your SEO goals

My primary goal is to increase my organic traffic.

0 Upvotes
DKennedy4

Defining your SEO goals

I would like to see a bump in local traffic to all of our websites. I work for a municipality and a lot of our citizens dont seem to utilize our web resources as much as i would like them to. One reason i can think of for this is that when they search for certain things in google our site doesnt populate among the ranked results. 

We also sit on Route 66 and our tourism traffic could use a boost in organic connections as well.  I would like for our site to rank pretty high on the list when someone searches for "route 66" or "route 66 illinois".

0 Upvotes
VPhotography

Defining your SEO goals

I'd like to increase the number of leads from my website.

0 Upvotes
MSteeves

Defining your SEO goals

Using SEO as a tool to ensure that our brand stays relevant will be vital to our company's future. Being able to match the expectations of our audience to the content we are creating will ensure that we remain competitive in our field. Our primary goal with SEO will be to increase backlinks to our website, we will accomplish this by tailoring our content to our audience while increasing relevancy by including keywords often associated with our industry.  The usability of our website is another focus area for our company. We will monitor this by lowing our bounce rate and increasing our click-through rate. 

0 Upvotes
MZCoaching

Defining your SEO goals

I'm in the coaching industry, and I focus on innovation and resilency. I want to increase traffic, leads, and be seen as an authority. I have a blog on my site, I write for Medium, and I'm soon to be an Executive Contributor on Brainz Magazine. Will those help?

0 Upvotes
AnjaD
Participant

Defining your SEO goals

My primary SEO goal is to generate more leads from our product website.

0 Upvotes
Preshlad
Participant

Defining your SEO goals

My main goal is to increase my organic traffic.

0 Upvotes
brycemorris
Participant

Defining your SEO goals

My goal is develop an SEO strategy for my website, build a blog with content, and measure progress with Google analytics and tag manager. 

I am currently starting fresh so doing it right from the start is my goal. My wesbite is selling beauty products, so it is competive and im looking to stand out from the usual keywords.